MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last, some good news - here's today's news on AOL:

"ASDA have reduced petrol prices to under £1. Petrol below £1 a litre has returned as supermarket Asda dropped the price of unleaded to 99.9p a litre.

The cut means a 5p a litre reduction in the price of petrol at Asda pumps, with a litre of diesel falling from 116.9p to 110.9p.

This is the first time since last December that petrol has been under £1 in the UK, with unleaded going over 120p a litre and diesel over 130p during the worst of this year's price rises.

"This is a welcome boost for consumers at a time of economic gloom and high inflation," said Asda spokeswoman Jennifer England."

;)

Has anyone else seen it cheaper? All I know is that I bung say a tenner in, in my 1.2V and I have still been needing to put petrol in every other day; let's hope it goes a bit further now!

:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All I need is for 99 octane to be cheaper, and for cooking oil to half in price again as it was a few months ago, then all my fuel problems are over!

·
Premium Member
17,320 Posts
We paid £1.03 for Tesco 99 in MK on Saturday because the pump price for Super was set to the same as Unleaded.... Woot! Sadly it's back to £1.11 now though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have been paying £1.11 for V Power & 1.12 for diesel. A few months ago the MINI was over £60 a tank :(

Let's hope it'll stay down. Especially as it was atrifically high thanks to a couple of numbskull dealers trying to make a name for themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it is going in the right direction...but we're still paying over £1.25 per litre in my neck of the woods ! :(

·
Bread Van Man
27 Posts
Good news for me!

When I started thinking about purchasing the Clubman D, a lot was being said that the price difference between the Cooper and Cooper D (about £1000) couldn't be recouped in fuel (unless you were a high mileage user)

So any price drop in diesel is money back! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I paid £121 for diesel this morning - got a hire car for tomorrow, and was surprised that it is petrol :-O

·
JCWMiniAdventures
236 Posts
Yeh it helps if you can get the milleage to equate to the saving on the standard stuff & you have a Asda within a distnace to get the saving - the nearest Asda to me is 20/30 mile away & i dont use standard fuel.

Use to use standard Bp but just converted to Tesco 99 & it was 111.9 last weekend - Had one tank of Shell v power & wasn't impressed

Lets hope Tesco will reduce the price & then that should mean 99 should come down

Its still £30 for 1/2 tank of 99 that use to be a full tank of Bp at one stage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
109 for supermarket 97 in my neck of the woods yesterday...

No v power locally now as garage shut according to dave :(

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I hope it wont be long before V Power is under a pound per liter as well.

When I started thinking about purchasing the Clubman D, a lot was being said that the price difference between the Cooper and Cooper D (about £1000) couldn't be recouped in fuel (unless you were a high mileage user)
That would have been me :eek: that started that debate on M2 Chris :D. Dispite the recent price reduction, it still holds true that you need to be a high mileage user to get your money back quickly over a petrol equivilent. And it will always be the case TBH ;). Though it would be fair to say, that you do fall into the high mileage catagory ;)::popcorn::.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
111p for Tesco 99 yesterday in Aldershot.... ;) It's going in the right direction. First time my tankfull has been under 60 quid in a long time :D

1 - 20 of 103 Posts