MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read a lot of threads about fixed camber plates and adjustable top mounts,
Buts is there no way of winding a bit of camber on the front without these? Even just -1.5/-2 degrees?
Never had a car before where SOME front camber adjustment isnt possible, cant find anything about it anywhere..

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
On a mini unfortunately not due to the strut design. The only way you can make the strut lean to add camber is by adjusting the top mount

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
No worries, arent you going on air? If so, when you air out you will get a shit load of camber anyway, because as the car drops the camber will go in...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'm going on air, that's why I'm trying to find out about the camber, I'm worries my fronts will touch arch and really limit the drop, I'm running 16x8 et20 with 195/45, I think with a bit of camber it should sit right on the floor when aired down, I didn't realise the camber would come in when aired down?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Yeah the camber will alter an awful lot when going up and down.... thats why you should use pillowball top mounts, because the standard mounts will just destroy them selves with the amount of movement

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Depends on what struts your buying i guess, im assuming this is what you have PM'd me for haha? Ask any questions on here and i'll do me best to fill you in and info is there for everyone :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Depends on what struts your buying i guess, im assuming this is what you have PM'd me for haha? Ask any questions on here and i'll do me best to fill you in and info is there for everyone :)
Yeah it was haha thanks for getting back to me mate, it's the airrex struts il be using

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
The come with full front camber plates and pillow ball rear mounts :) You can also get pretty good rear camber from stock control arms too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts