MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolute pain in the bottom. Last night it rained then froze. Net result is my windows were frozen stuck so couldn't drop to allow the door to open this morning. A little warn, certainly not boiling, water along the bottom does the trick. Then I could start to warm the little fella up.

·
Bugger
25,319 Posts
Silicone grease, it won't damage the rubber (never use vasaline as its pretro based it will damage the seals).

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We all know boiling water on cold glass is a big no no. But try the tip below, it works:

Take a small plastic food/freezer bag and fill it with hot tap water (not boiling) and clip the top shut so you can fill and use again. Wipe this warm bag across your windows and they will de-ice a treat and as the water stays in the bag, they wont freeze over again. Also keeps your hand warm too, unlike using a scraper, which can scratch your window.

·
Bugger
25,319 Posts
silicone spray and there's no need for faffing with bags of lukewarm water. I've also got a car-top cover that works a treat.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,481 Posts
A bit of bumper care on the desks always seems to work for me. I assume its silicone based

1 - 9 of 9 Posts