MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In order to withstand higher cylinder temperatures, to have better flow and withstand whatever punishment you can give them, the stock valves will be replaced with custom made valves from Ferrea. Combined with the ported-polished throats of the head, the camshafts and the new hybid JCW turbo these valves hold the secret to better VE of the engine.

VALVES:

A little intro to the stock valves:
The stock intake and exhaust valves are roughly measured at the following dimensions.
Intake valve: Head diameter 29mm, Valve length 105,50mm, Stem diameter 5,00mm
Exhaust valve: Head diameter 26mm, Valve length 110,00mm, Stem diameter 5,00mm
These numbers may differ slightly from the actual specs of the valves.

Ferrea Competition Plus Valves:

• Custom-made intake and exhaust valves from Competition Plus blank series
  • Made from EV8-Z18 bimetal material which is Stainless steel (Chromium/Nickel) + Tungsten
  • Tensile strength at high temperature is increased by 20%
  • Fatigue resistance is increased by 20%
  • Valve seat life increased by 25%
  • Competition Plus series is one the best quality racing valves, engineered for high rpm, high horsepower racing engines. They have unique features that enhance airflow. This series of valves is manufactured using heat treatment and stress relieving processes creating valves with unequalled performance and reliability.
  • Super Flo design (under-cut or Neck-down) for better flow
The valves will be bespoke with the above characteristics and STOCK sized. Further info about the Ferrea custom order form, Competition Plus series photo, Super Flo vs Flo valves you can find below.

Ferrea custom order form.jpg

Ferrea Flo vs Super Flo Valves-4.jpg

Ferrea competition plus valves-5.jpg

Further info about the bespoke valves once they arrive...

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
A work of art. That last pic reminds me of a posh wine glass for some reason!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Great info this build is the best around at the moment, still dissappointed that CC have not got the flywheel correct yet, it really is not a bad bit of kit for the money.

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great info this build is the best around at the moment, still dissappointed that CC have not got the flywheel correct yet, it really is not a bad bit of kit for the money.
thanks Paul...yours together with Duck's and TDLC's was an inspiration to me too! I just got carried away when initially designing the next tuning stage.

The CC flywheel was sadly lacking from locking guides...the flywheel's face is completely flat at the plate assembly and this is a problem, because when tightening the assembly bolts, they are not aligned perfectly...
Was that the issue you also had with it Paul?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Not sure, i am not as technical as you but from memory they had to remove 5mm from the centre to get the clutch plate to sit correctly, they then had to counter sink the fixing noles for the bolts and drill out a hole for the locking pin oh and re-balance it came back lighter though on a plus point, CC sent over their CAD to MINICRAFT we then sent the flywheel and clutch to a engineer who said i can do it better than there cad info the rest is history, if you phone or email CC they will send you a copy of the CAD drawings if it helps, i am still dissapointed they have not got this right yet and would hope stockists would check these work prior to posting.
Not sure about inspiration from all the info you have been posting i would of thought that would have come from NASA or F1 technology.

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have to remove any material from the flywheel in order to have the plate fit flat on it...
It doesn't have an aligning pattern on the flywheel, so when you put the clutch plate on the flywheel you could still bolt it tight without being centered...
I am sure I can work something out with my local machine-shop, to overcome the problem, but I am really curious to what they have to say.
I just was advised by Lohen to take some pics to send to CC and wait for their reply. I will film a small video, in fact, to show them what exactly my/their problem is...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Oh now i understand, should not be too hard to do, you are probally aware but ensure that it is properly balanced as when we engineered mine we removed another 5g of weight to rebalance it, i was asked if i wanted it fully light but prefered the compromise of this against dual mass or ttv flywheel.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
What cosworth head are you talking about Nick?
The second one that i bought right after i sold (to you) the first one, only the second one is finished by Cosworth, incl. oversize Ferrea valves and Ferrea vavetrain. The one you have is the first Cosworth i got.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts