MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Turn10 need to pick up their game though as Forza 3 wasn't that much better than 2 really, online yes but car details were lacking. Just love being able to put a carrera GT engine in other cars though! Hopefully changing exhaust will change car note again a la F2

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thought i'd resurrect this thread since the game gets released next month, yep you read right release date is currently set for 14th October

Also something you may not have known is that Pixar have helped with the "showcase mode" graphics & they look unbelivable! check out the vids below & see for yourself....

In Game Vid:

Car Selection demo:

The Top Gear Test Track is in the game as well

Clarkson commentating in the Autovista Showcase mode:

Some of the cars that have been revealed, unfortunatly no Porsche this time around since EA are being dicks with the license for them but the RUF Porsches are in instead. There's around 650 cars in the game with more coming as DLC after release.

There's even something for the Halo fans hidden in there... :wink:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh btw for those looking to pre-order go to Gamestation as you get the MINI R56 JCW as an exclusive download for pre-ordering there :wink:

There is also a collectors edition available (which should be more affordable than GT5's big fookin box)

This includes:

additional 25 cars from exclusive car packs and bonus car offers. Bundled together with a polished Steelbook™ DVD Case, the Limited Collector’s Edition content includes the following:

•A 10-car add-on pack of American muscle cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace). VIP Membership status within the Forza community, including special recognition in new community features, leaderboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more.
•“Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear,” written by the “Top Gear” team, is a stunning 96-page book that describes in-game cars from the Autovista™ experience and features imagery from game and the Top Gear photo library.
•A vinyl sticker set featuring the logos of “Forza Motorsport 4,” “Top Gear” and Turn 10.

The BMW Art Car Pack:
•2008 BMW M3 E92
•2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
•1981 BMW M1
•2012 BMW M5
•2010 BMW M6 Coupe

The VIP Car Pack:
•2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
•2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
•2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
•2010 Noble M600
•2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Launch Bonus” car pack:
•1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
•2011 Koenigsegg Agera
•1997 Lexus SC300
•2011 RUF RGT-8
•2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

Links:

Standard Edition with 5 pre-order bonus cars & exclusive JCW

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/forza-motorsport-4-with-preorder-bonus-5-in-game-cars-plus-gamestation-exclusive-mini-john-cooper-48795

Collectors Edition:

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/forza-motorsport-4-limited-edition-with-preorder-bonus-5-in-game-cars-plus-gamestation-exclusive-mini-john-cooper-138325

·
GP Pilot 1238
2,361 Posts
Other than COD when that comes out I think this will be the only other game I'll buy new this year. Till then Driver is keeping me busy-ish.

·
Administrator
8,497 Posts
Getting my copy tonight the GF's parents are over so i might be able to hide for a while and play some games :)

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
I'll be using my mates live account, ps I know I'm shit at racing games. Fictious pwned my ass on GT5 last time ::getcoat::

Rage was "okay" really good gameplay, environments, decent graphics (some dodgy textures) and excellent animation and AI but I finished it last night and went "Oh... thats the end then?" really too short and the final bit was a piece of piss.

Wait till its £15-20 and theres some expansion out for it before giving it a go imo.

·
Administrator
8,497 Posts
I'll be using my mates live account, ps I know I'm shit at racing games. Fictious pwned my ass on GT5 last time ::getcoat::
:lol:

Rage was "okay" really good gameplay, environments, decent graphics (some dodgy textures) and excellent animation and AI but I finished it last night and went "Oh... thats the end then?" really too short and the final bit was a piece of piss.

Wait till its £15-20 and theres some expansion out for it before giving it a go imo.
Never got into an FPS after Doom & Quake they are all the same :( I hear Deus Ex was a bit of a let down.

Whats happened to those indepth games everything just seem to have been dumb down.

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
I make up for it with my skills in FPS as most I played COD with will agree, I think I killed Nige 10 times in a row or something daft, much to the amusement of his son watching him get gunned down, fragged, hit with a guided missile, flanked, sniped, melee'd etc infact I used up all my bullets, picked up the gun he dropped and killed him again with it before someone else got me LOL!! :lol::lol:

I agree, this RAGE was actually quite a contender storywise but the ending was poor! But recommend doing it on Nightmare as I started on Hard mode and was too easy imo. I remember the Original Quake being a fucking beast on harder levels! Battlefield 3 should be mint though!

I was gonna give Deus Ex a try as its cheap too :( . I remember being stood at a real cash machine after playing the original for 8 hours straight wondering what nano upgrades I could buy with my bank balance before I realised what the fuck I was doing! :lol:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Might need to get some Gamertags as my weekend is likely to be taken over by this game, after a little taster last night.

Knocked this up after a few races and credits in my account...

My Gamertag is 'Andy Sixspeed' for anyone on there over the weekend :)

Reactions: batou
1 - 20 of 67 Posts