MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all so to following up on my unboxing video yesterday, I鈥檝e now fitted my Orranje Performance G-Wing with some help from Ed Sheeran 馃槈 Top quality product, here鈥檚 a fitting video I made with step by step instructions if you fancy giving it a go yourself, please check it out and subscribe for future content. Thanks 馃檪

Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
What was the reason in taking the top trim off, can鈥檛 see a reason why?

I鈥檝e got to refit my G Wing to the new car this week so the bit showing the rivnut tool working on the spare piece of metal was useful as the instructions that came with my tool were poor.

I don鈥檛 think I used enough pressure so it didn鈥檛 crush me nuts properly leaving a couple of them a bit wonky and spinning in the hole and I was a bit reluctant to try and retighten them incase I stripped the thread

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I dont actually think you need to remove that bit of trim, I think that is a hangover from previous generations of the g-wing that you used to need to, I removed it as I had referred to the Orranje official instructions before filming. I've given Oli some feedback around the current instructions and he is in the process of updating them. I'm hoping he will send the link to my video too :)

Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
I didn鈥檛 read the instructions for my wing, it was used so already built up

I used a couple of plastic G clamps with square clamping blocks just below the trim as a stopper for the wing to Butt up to in readiness for the drilling of the rivnut holes as I鈥檇 heard advice that mounting it too high could cause creaks and squeaks, the top of my wing sat about 2cm below the trim piece you took off

If I think on I鈥檒l get some pics of how I went about it when I refit it

Registered
Great video, always helps to see these things first hand when deciding if you're going to go for it.

I see a lot of G-Wings but not a lot of them with the adjustable kit! Wonder if there's any reason for that beyond the extra price?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
I see a lot of G-Wings but not a lot of them with the adjustable kit! Wonder if there's any reason for that beyond the extra price?
I think its purely down to a cost thing if I am really honest, as they are a quality piece, I have one on the shelf in the garage to fit at some-point. Also you do have to cut down the wing to fit it which will put people off, but if you are brave enough and have the funds they are a nice touch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts