MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Changed the brake pad sensors today so no more bloody warning light!

Hoping to try and figure out where this coolant leak is tomorrow. It's on the drivers side fairly close to the front. Possibly radiator?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Had a look earlier. Does seem a bit wet on the drivers side (rad) I'll order a new one and get it replaced. I've got a new rocker cover gasket as it's leaking but I don't fancy tackling that job given the state the bolts are in! Garage job for that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Rad changed today which has solved the leak.... but left me with another issue. Drives fine but the temp gauge will rise when stuck in traffic.

I got it home and ran it again. I can hear a fan start to run at some point but the bigger cooling fan does nothing. It was fine before I changed the rad?! Everything seems to be plugged in and the fuses look fine as well.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
only one cooling fan on them, then a PAS fan, a wire might be off the resistor if speed two cooling fan not working but tbf the car would sort itself on speed one anyway for the above scenario, recheck the bleed, and perhaps the fan resistor needs renewal, the fan you might be hearing could be the PAS fan which comes on with speed one cooling fan on facelift or speed two cooling fan on pre facelift and they could both be off, if you've had the front panel off and the fan wiring disturbed it can be all it takes to finish the last few strands of old wires,

assuming you connected the fan of course ;O)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
only one cooling fan on them, then a PAS fan, a wire might be off the resistor if speed two cooling fan not working but tbf the car would sort itself on speed one anyway for the above scenario, recheck the bleed, and perhaps the fan resistor needs renewal, the fan you might be hearing could be the PAS fan which comes on with speed one cooling fan on facelift or speed two cooling fan on pre facelift and they could both be off, if you've had the front panel off and the fan wiring disturbed it can be all it takes to finish the last few strands of old wires,

assuming you connected the fan of course ;O)
Thanks for the response. Yes everything connected. I bet a cables broken. It was completely fine before yesterday. Sods law.

·
Registered
665 Posts
You can buy a new fan for under £100. Fit that and you know it will be good. That's what I have just done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This Saturday, my brother had agreed to give me a hand fitting my new exhaust.

Within 30 minutes we'd given up. Whilst on my back under the car, Looking at numerous rounded and rusty bolts I thought sod this, it can go to a garage!

I'm off to Scotland in my van on Saturday so I'm dropping my mini down to the garage Friday night. It's having new exhaust, new cam cover gasket and I'll ask him about fitting the new rear shocks and springs.

Bikes are so much easier to work on!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Bit of an update. Got back from Scotland today and I was super excited to see the mini after the exhaust had been fitted. The garage I use is a one man band and he'd dropped the car back to the house whilst I was away.

Sounds great and I feel like I'm 17 again! My missus isn't as fussed lol. Rocker cover gasket also changed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bit of an update. Got back from Scotland today and I was super excited to see the mini after the exhaust had been fitted. The garage I use is a one man band and he'd dropped the car back to the house whilst I was away.

Sounds great and I feel like I'm 17 again! My missus isn't as fussed lol. Rocker cover gasket also changed.
Looks great and good to see how spots look on a Checkmate as I have one myself. Exhaust is also on the list if I can find a decent one 2nd hand

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Looks great and good to see how spots look on a Checkmate as I have one myself. Exhaust is also on the list if I can find a decent one 2nd hand
Thanks. It looks good from about 10ft away but not so much when close up. Ideally it needs a rear end respray.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Old cars now unfortunately! I’m toying with getting mine ceramic coated to try and protect the paint a little bit
Sounds like yours may be in better condition than mine! I've got some rust to get sorted as well. Never ending lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Car is booked in to a local bodyshop in November. It'll be getting the rust sorted under the rear tail light and the boot lid. I'll also be getting the rear bumper resprayed as it's a state and I'm hoping the rust isn't too bad!

Seems to be working spot on at the moment!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

21 - 40 of 40 Posts