MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my first set of mods on my newly acquired R52.
Changed the stereo from factory to an Alpine dab unit. Hardest part was routing the dab aerial, the rest was pretty easy. You do have to undo a lot of the dash compared to other cars but it was still pretty easy. About 2 hours altogether.
Next was the K&N cold intake. Again pretty easy just tight access for getting the old box out.
Finally I changed the front grilles for some black gloss ones. Getting them off was a pig because of the clips which were rusted. New clips were horrible to fit but I found a trick on YouTube which worked well. Use a 6mm socket to push inside of the new clips whilst pushing with other hand from the outside.
Waiting for my new strut brace from BigJim to finish things for a while.
Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Vehicle Sky Cloud

Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Car Vehicle Speedometer White Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Car Steering part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior
Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Vehicle Sky Cloud
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Car Steering part

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Speedometer White Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,160 Posts
Paint the silver bar in the centre of the grille black. Will look loads better, I did it on my R53 after putting an aero grille on

Bet the 57i sounds good, loved mine on the r52

hopefully the strut brace will be with you tomorrow or Tuesday

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paint the silver bar in the centre of the grille black. Will look loads better, I did it on my R53 after putting an aero grille on

Bet the 57i sounds good, loved mine on the r52

hopefully the strut brace will be with you tomorrow or Tuesday
Cheers
I’ve been looking for a black one on fleabay but no luck.
did you strip the chrome off first when you did yours?
The 57i is nice. 😁 couldn’t get the resonator box out though. It’s in there tight as a mackerels ring piece

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,160 Posts
Sorry no I mean the strengthening bar on the bonnet in the centre of the upper grille, do that black
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tail & brake light Hood

On my r56 though that chrome bar on the lower grille I just painted with plasticote, it’s held up pretty well and when it does get marked I’ll just peel it off and reapply

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry no I mean the strengthening bar on the bonnet in the centre of the upper grille, do that black
View attachment 107763

On my r56 though that chrome bar on the lower grille I just painted with plasticote, it’s held up pretty well and when it does get marked I’ll just peel it off and reapply
Oh yeah, see what you mean. No way I’m taking it off as it was bitch to fit. I’ll paint through the bars and get some plasticote 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts