MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MT's Naughty Boy
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new MT website and forum on it's way, we'd like to encourage all members to get the first page of thread up to date with the latest on their Projects.

At the end of the day, your Project thread is absolutely YOUR Project thread and we want you to be free to put your stamp on things. Get creative, take videos, snap pics and post your heart out!

In the eyes of Team MT, we want your project to stand out - we want all the details to be easily accessible for every member, old and new, and with more members using mobile devices to browse the forums, allow all the juicy details to be in one place for ease of access!

For those of you that are thinking of starting your own project thread or indeed, already have a thread you'd like to get up to date, please try to follow (loosely) the following guide..

1) Use the title of the thread to grab the headlines, but be warned, use of poor spelling and grammar may leave your title at the hands of one of us! See examples of this in the titles for Batou, AdamMCS and several other of our senior members - it's all in the name of Fun and Banter!

If you change your modifying route at any point just drop me a PM and I'll change the title for you.

2) Give a brief description of your car when you purchased it and maybe the reasons for doing so with a stock picture.

3) List all the current mods that you have done to the car.

4) List all the mods that you have planned for your car.

5) When posting pictures, its always more effective to upload them to a site such as photobucket or flikr and then copy the IMG code these sites generate for you to share your photos on the forums. Uploading attachments on MT is an option, but they just won't look as funky.

Here are the links for the above sites -
Photobucket is easy to use but quality is restricted a bit
Flikr is a bit fiddly but replicates quality images onto the forums

6) Create links to important posts in your project thread of major updates so anyone reading the first post of your project can easily navigate to important/cool aspects of the work that you have done to your car.

7) Regularly maintain and update your opening post to reflect recent changes/updates you have made to your car.

There will be rewards for those that keep their first thread all tip top once the new MT Forum is up and running - we want to give your cars the exposure they deserve and we've got some really cool ideas to do this, but without those first posts those ideas will fall flat on their faces - help us, to help you get your work noticed!

So, 1st Generation owners everywhere, get creative and lets show those Second Gen cheese eaters how to modify a Mini!

Much Love.

eViL

·
Gap-O-Holic
563 Posts
Having it all on first page is sensible, plus you just have to hit 'edit'. Don't forget to shamelessly self bump your own thread every time you update your project page with something significant though. As editing a post won't bump the thread for you.

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
I have always done exactly the above, did you use my thread as a template?? :lol:

Okay something need to be fixed btw, one minor, one major

Minor point.... There is a limit to the images you can post in your first post so unless you reserved the first 3-4 posts and you have done as many mods as me you can't keep the story flowing.

6) Create links to important posts in your project thread of major updates so anyone reading the first post of your project can easily navigate to important/cool aspects of the work that you have done to your car.
Major, there is no fucking permalink for a post, so if you want to give a brief discription of something on your first page but link to the post in your thread that elaborated on this (say a member wants to do the same thing and would like more info) then posting a "link" of the post doesn't cut it because it doesn't take into account the number of posts per page needless to say all my links are fucked up because of the post per page setting I had when I modified them.

This is fucking awful, I started doing it with my thread but the links pissed me off so it stopped. It would be a really great option to have so can we get onto someone and fix this.

Usually im too lazy to raise these things but seen as we are tidying things up we might as well fix the shortfalls of this forum setup too! :)

·
MT's Naughty Boy
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always done exactly the above, did you use my thread as a template?? :lol:

Okay something need to be fixed btw, one minor, one major

Minor point.... There is a limit to the images you can post in your first post so unless you reserved the first 3-4 posts and you have done as many mods as me you can't keep the story flowing.

Major, there is no fucking permalink for a post, so if you want to give a brief discription of something on your first page but link to the post in your thread that elaborated on this (say a member wants to do the same thing and would like more info) then posting a "link" of the post doesn't cut it because it doesn't take into account the number of posts per page needless to say all my links are fucked up because of the post per page setting I had when I modified them.

This is fucking awful, I started doing it with my thread but the links pissed me off so it stopped. It would be a really great option to have so can we get onto someone and fix this.

Usually im too lazy to raise these things but seen as we are tidying things up we might as well fix the shortfalls of this forum setup too! :)
We'll get Lee onto this. Thanks Rich.

Drink less Coffee though mmmm.. k?

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Just checked it might actually have been corrected with a software update as although it goes to the wrong place first it redirects previously it included the page number in the links. I cant be sure though.

I'm a bit crabby at the moment as I don't know if I will have a job or not going into xmas so you will get lots of fucks etc. Deal with it :lol:

·
MT's Naughty Boy
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's been corrected with an update, it's been corrected for some time! :lol:

It doesn't help when thread titles change as this affects links. That is down to the SEO software for indexing links better on Google.
Alright, if this is the case, if any of you guys want you thread title edited for the last time before getting your first post finalised, drop me a line.

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
If it's been corrected with an update, it's been corrected for some time! :lol:

It doesn't help when thread titles change as this affects links. That is down to the SEO software for indexing links better on Google.
Thats good then, you have to remember some us have been here a while, I remember giving up indexing when the links were broken. Cheers for looking into it chaps.

·
Administrator
8,497 Posts
It's always worked, so we'll put this down to cuntou (user) error.

Threads have an unique id this one being 30414, so as long as it has this it will redirect to the correct URL, still not great for SEO.

Example below:
minitorque.com/forum/f273/cuntou-error-30414/#post524948

For someone who "works" in the sector you seem to know nothing, just saying...

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
It's always worked, so we'll put this down to cuntou (user) error.

Threads have an unique id this one being 30414, so as long as it has this it will redirect to the correct URL, still not great for SEO.

Example below:
minitorque.com/forum/f273/cuntou-error-30414/#post524948

For someone who "works" in the sector you seem to know nothing, just saying...
Fuck off you prick. Not in the mood. I'm database, middleware (plsql/java) and occassional dabble with web/ui. Not ever been in the position to get into forum software and how shit it is.

·
MT's Naughty Boy
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Handbags bitches!

Get it all out of your system, because when I get home from work tonight I'm locking the thread and just leaving the first post stickied.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts