MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thought id join up here because ive a few questions about lowering a mini, its an 06 one d. Going for coilovers and hoping to go as low as possible for daily use. Main question really is do ye reckon I could squeeze 17' 8.5j wheels with an offset of 35 under the rear arches with 225/40 tyres without rubbing? Hoping to go 7.5j on the front with 205's and have been told on another forum that that should be fine.
I don't do big mileage but roads around where I live wouldn't be great at all unfortunately. Also, how low do ye think il have to go? Was hoping to have to go about 50mil or less to try and avoid driveshaft wobble, had enough of that in my ep70 Starlet.

Finally, and a little off topic, for thos of you living in Ireland have you had isssues nct'ing your car with stretched tyres? General consensus seems to be a little stretch is fine but a lot depends on the tester!

Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
your question on lowering was answered on tm ages ago by, minian, george talbot, winny, tcbw, myself and others . get it done man!
if you getting coils adjust them until they no longer rub. simple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts