MiniTorque.com banner

401 - 415 of 415 Posts

Β·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #401 (Edited)
Some vids from yesterday for any that’s interested πŸ˜€.......

2 Jags showing how not to fail at track etiquette... like slow boats through the corners and racing each other down the straights πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¬ Jags appear @ 4 minutes in

Thinking I’m quicker than I am....

Having fun trying to get used to the Carbotech pads

Β·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
looking at the above sheet, you had rear toe 'out'?

I'd retain reduced toe in, but at what you have now, normally they toe in more,

it's no surprise you may have got used to the car feeling like that, especially with -6 and then -18 on the right.

I think you'd probably benefit from a rear bar anyway,

Β·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #403 (Edited)
Boring update alert.

So looks like you can get some heat into the AD08RS’ if it’s sunny enough and you put the effort in πŸ˜‚ Although they don’t quiet have the same shade of blue as their predecessors

And after many years of ownership I’ve gotten around to fitting my head unit properly including the surround so it no longer rattles and tries to slide out of the opening πŸ˜‚

And most importantly I’m all packed & ready.... off to the Nurburgring πŸ˜€πŸ˜Ž

Β·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #406 (Edited)
So it’s like 2018 all over again. I’m limping home with a suspected broken drive shaft which stopped play yesterday ☹

Before / As that was going I played pace car for some of the ring taxis 🧐 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Β·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Love that vid, max attack on the corner :cool:

Hope you managed to get a good few laps in before it let go.
Cheers πŸ˜€

Felt the shaft going on the way out there. Managed 8 or 9 laps before it started to feel dangerous.

More pics and vids will get added later this week πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜€

Β·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
500 Posts
So it’s like 2018 all over again. I’m limping home with a suspected broken drive shaft which stopped play yesterday ☹

Before / As that was going I played pace car for some the ring taxis 🧐 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Mate that's awesome πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ sorry the car let you down

Β·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #410 (Edited)
So a summary of my weekend... travelled out on the Friday in convoy... the mini the poor relation of the group with super cars as part of the group πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

Saturday ended up being closed, it was open both days when we booked but due to Covid looks like they rejigged the race calendar.

So we went for a drive

And then we were lucky to be able to get a tour of HRT, who are I one of the race teams backed by AMG πŸ˜€ 😎

Hard to believe this is all that remains of the standard road car. Noting else from the road going AMG GT goes into the race car.

Β·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #411 (Edited)
Sunday was all about the laps and making the most of the weather before the forecasted rain in the afternoon.... or the car broke πŸ˜‚

Despite the deteriorating driveshaft the car was a riot. I absolutely love the Nordschleife, there really is no where else like it and after a decade of trips it feels like I’m beginning to know my way aroundπŸ˜€πŸ˜Ž... famous last words πŸ˜‚

Some pics from the day... they are Β£11 each so you’ll have to make do with watermarked ones πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘πŸΌ

So close to getting fully airborne @ Pflanzgarten... must remember to pack bigger balls next year πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€”

For context for anyone that’s not been before that’s the entry to this corner

The car also hit a mileage milestone on the trip

I’ll get the vids off the camera at some point over the week as well πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜€

Β·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
A vid from the weekend πŸ˜€ There are more of the same on my channel for those interested.

There were a couple of occasions over the day when I was struggling to find the right gear with the coolerworx so either more practice needed or might be something I need to look at.

The camera has also started to pic up and annoying vibration which I need to sort. It also sounds like I could’ve blown a hole in my cat as it’s nearly as loud again as when it was decatted πŸ€”πŸ˜‚πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Β·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
respectable, car sounds nice(y)

8:15 .... little moment :unsure: 😁

interesting over that crest, I preferred to brake just before it and drive down with it more settled

that hill, curious.... did you notice your IAT up it?

Β·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
respectable, car sounds nice(y)

8:15 .... little moment :unsure: 😁

interesting over that crest, I preferred to brake just before it and drive down with it more settled

that hill, curious.... did you notice your IAT up it?
Thanks.

Yes there was a little moment then πŸ˜‚ Not really sure why I had a lift as that section can / should be flat in the mini. Can only assume I thought I saw something but yes a little lift off oversteer πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Ž

By the hill assume you mean the long run up to the carrousel? If so pretty sure we were well into the late 60s πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ₯΄πŸ™ˆ

401 - 415 of 415 Posts