MiniTorque.com banner

361 - 380 of 392 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Feel good about it, I broke two axles in a combination of few laps on the Nordschleife haha.
So you are the second guy who says that about the "new Neovas". I was thinking going with them when the Federals are fully worn, but second bad opinion I'm not going to then.

Gesendet von meinem JSN-L21 mit Tapatalk
Ouch... you win on recent shit luck and breakages :laugh: I wouldn’t make the move to AD08RS if you’re happy with another tyre

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
looks fortunate you didn't land on one of those concrete lumps

if you were happy on the previous version just go back if they still do them when required? I must admit the AD08R is growing on me now I've pushed them a little more but still not a 595RS-R, just compromising for the wet potential,

It's frustrating in those queues, if you bail on the session it seems some others also do, coming back out at the same time, so I sometimes hang on and work my way through. Where was this?

drop it off with me today, I'll give you a lift home, and you'll have your diff for next weekend sometime ;O)

glad it's maybe renewing some experiences for reliability.
It was the thought of hitting the concrete lumps that made me drive straight off rather than continuing to try and make the chicane.... could see it ending as a “watch this” moment :laugh:

They have discontinued the old version and I’m stuck running 205 profile so limited in options for tyres.

I think I’ll be with you again soon.... maybe not today though :laugh:

·
Registered
196 Posts
You can still get them as a 215/40R17 tho. I might just swap the rears to the front, so I can wear them down even again. The fronts are just more worn on the outside, which is due to all the corners around here. Cause otherwise I'm happy with the Federal 595 RSR, think that FZ one would be too much for still daily driving in all conditions of weather.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
You can still get them as a 215/40R17 tho. I might just swap the rears to the front, so I can wear them down even again. The fronts are just more worn on the outside, which is due to all the corners around here. Cause otherwise I'm happy with the Federal 595 RSR, think that FZ one would be too much for still daily driving in all conditions of weather.

Don’t think I can running spacers, there isn’t a lot of room and I like the gay spacers :laugh:

Might give it a try though

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don’t think I can running spacers, there isn’t a lot of room and I like the gay spacers

Might give it a try though
I had 215 Neovas on 7x17 Pro Race wheels with stock suspension and they didn't rubb. The 215 RSRs also don't rubb on my OZ wheels with same specs just lower offset (35 or 38), and it's lowered with KW V2 too soo.
Maybe you could test fit some, since tyres vary aswell in how wide they are.
Ooh drop the gay spacers.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Vid of the worlds shittest off on this video ::getcoat:: :laugh:

Another vid with my trying to keep up with a cayman I let by as I felt like I was holding it up

And as ever there are more probably less interesting ones on my channel should they take your fancy

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
fwiw I have 225/45 now on oem et48 7x17 all be it with spacers but I already know they go on a stock car without, just very close inboard at the rear.

on coils I moved the front from 11 to 16mm to clear the perch but am looking to see if I can drop that a touch if possible, and I may use smaller rears as I put the 11's on there but with the car at the height I'd just changed it to there was some rubbing with a loaded car or fast road dips etc. I raised the car a bit but will maybe fit 6mm and drop it back,

the front is still dropped and had very marginal rub, I might just put it back where it was actually to match the rear rather than bring the rear back down, we'll see.

Reactions: Fat Controller

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #372 (Edited)
Sooo....

Its been a while. The cars back ??

Once again Sean @ Exclusive Workshops has done a top job and the followings been sorted

New low speed fan
New clutch
New flywheel
Reweld the ‘bodge’ cat so it actually seals to the manifold
Quaife fitted ?

Some pics from Sean.... he documents what he’s done / doing for you which is a nice touch

Some interesting things discovered inside the previously bodged cat that wouldn’t have been helping flow of exhaust gases

I really hope I’m not tempting fate but the car feels the best it’s done since it was bolted back together after warping the head a few years ago

Boost levels are back where I’d expect to see them, car feels like it’s making decent(ish) power again and as for the diff.... ???

It’s been around 4 years since Ive driven a lsd equipped fwd car so took a moment to recalibrate driving style but when I did... wow, you can pretty much drive full throttle everywhere because you can actually get the power down and use the throttle to (positively) adjust your line rather than having to back out of it.

I was going to put the car away for winter... now I can’t wait to get back out on track and test the diff out ?... A nice quandary

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Awesome to hear mate!

I do really like the quaife, feeling it pull the steering wheel and car as you power out of the corner is a great feeling.

I hope the car is reliable for the next few outings mate now you have committed to it

I keep thinking about changing mine for a FN2 Type R. I just miss that induction noise and bulletproof N/A reliability when beating on a car.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
I know this isn’t ‘new’ news to most of you but I can’t believe how much more grip the cars got in these damp, cold and greasy conditions. It feels so much quicker due having more traction.

Its even hiding the AD08RS’ deficiencies vs thier predecessors ???

Hoping all this continues to flow through to drier stickier track tarmac ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I know this isn’t ‘new’ news to most of you but I can’t believe how much more grip the cars got in these damp, cold and greasy conditions. It feels so much quicker due having more traction.

Its even hiding the AD08RS’ deficiencies vs thier predecessors ???

Hoping all this continues to flow through to drier stickier track tarmac ?
Are the new ones not as good as the previous version of AD08 ?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
Are the new ones not as good as the previous version of AD08 ?
I don’t think they are.

If you can get them really hot they are similar, I wouldn’t say I had trouble getting the old ones hot with them being blue/purple on the shoulder after decent Trackdays.

But with the new RS’ I noticed ABS being triggered sooner and more easily, less traction and inconsistent grip, as in same corner same line same speed one lap it just won’t turn in for reasons unknown.

It was the difference in traction levels that bothered me the most for both acceleration and deceleration so will be interesting to see if it’s that noticeable post diff fitting

361 - 380 of 392 Posts