MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought some face lift xenons for my mini cooper s 2003 and find that the dipped beam is on the floor , apparently the insides are loose or popped out ? Can anyone advise please?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Take the big covers off the back and whilst holding the xenon igniter gently pull backwards so the sockets on the insides click back onto the adjuster balls. Look inside before you start and you will see what I mean.

Take look on YouTube or look online for a joey mod to see someone pulling the lights apart to see the bits I am talking about.

Look at this thread on this site: R53 Xenon Headlight Repair (Damn Potholes!!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take the big covers off the back and whilst holding the xenon igniter gently pull backwards so the sockets on the insides click back onto the adjuster balls. Look inside before you start and you will see what I mean.

Take look on YouTube or look online for a joey mod to see someone pulling the lights apart to see the bits I am talking about.

Look at this thread on this site: R53 Xenon Headlight Repair (Damn Potholes!!)
We had them fitted at a garage when I purchased them and they popped them back in but since then the lights have been fine until today while the car was parked the lights have dropped again while the car was stationary 😲 we have had them in the car a week ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had them fitted at a garage when I purchased them and they popped them back in but since then the lights have been fine until today while the car was parked the lights have dropped again while the car was stationary 😲 we have had them in the car a week ?
Is this the part I need to replace if I’m having problems if loose please?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Below are pics of the ball and sockets that usually pop loose. There are two in each light, around the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. If they keep popping loose the sockets might be cracked. Not sure if they can be glued or tightened with a wire tie around the socket, but this type of repair would probably need the lights to be disassembled like for the Joey mod.

To help keep them connected, try to avoid pot holes, large bumps, or slamming the hood. I close my hood to the first safety catch then press above each headlight with the palm of my hand just hard enough to fully latch each side, but not dent the hood. This is also probably better for the bulbs.

Remove this cover:

3 o’clock ball and socket connected:

9 o’clock disconnected:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts