MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I new the new mini had some cool gadgets on the options list, hud etc but telepathic steering is a bit extreme!!!

·
Werthers
6,596 Posts
Also running standalone ECUs as well (I believe) and quite a jump in power.

I think it's a decent step forward over the issues with the R56 UK challenge cars, these look to be more of a racecar. Will be interesting to see what sort of price they will be and how much of a jump in budget it will be to race them.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Also running standalone ECUs as well (I believe) and quite a jump in power.

I think it's a decent step forward over the issues with the R56 UK challenge cars, these look to be more of a racecar. Will be interesting to see what sort of price they will be and how much of a jump in budget it will be to race them.
its 30 grand plus vat george for the base car.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
That splitter won't fit the road car by the looks of things! :(

The trim for the splitter starts level with the bonnet shut line & on the road car it starts further down the arch :(

Not just a case of fitting the challenge front arches either as by the looks of things they are flared on the side that meets the side skirts (which are huge!)

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I don't think it's an official mini challenge car but it's the uk mini challenge series that have decided to make their own dedicated race car for the series.

If it's £30k+vat that's very good.
Must have some links to MINI as that front bumper is the JCW front, and they are not released yet!

I've had the part numbers for ages, but the dealers systems show the parts as "on hold"

·
Werthers
6,596 Posts
Must have some links to MINI as that front bumper is the JCW front, and they are not released yet!

I've had the part numbers for ages, but the dealers systems show the parts as "on hold"
I guess they would of had some help and early access to parts but I'm pretty sure this car spec/setup/design is unique to the uk challenge series which is independent of BMW/MINI unlike the previous official challenge series that used the german challenge cars.

I could be wrong though which happens a lot.

·
Administrator
17,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They did have access to the MINI factory when building this so would have had some help. However, if it really does sell for £30k + vat it will be the bargain of the century!

Makes me wonder what the German MINI Challenge car will be like now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Some better shots:

*cough* photo credit *cough* ;)

Some of the points raised:

£30k + VAT is intro price for the first ten, they may move up in price after that

Proposal is all will be built by one source (off shoot of XLR8, they built this one)

Spec includes adjustable bias pedal box, sequential shift, latest gen cosworth full colour dash, standalone ECU, Nitron suspension

Pace is quoted as mid way between Clio Cup and NGTC BTCC car. Engine could happily take 350hp if they wanted to up the pace further

·
Registered
804 Posts
And how may teams will drop out of the mini challenge ?
Before you could buy a cat d r56 order a kit from tony franks and build your car.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
This should be running soon

Personally, I can't wait to see what MINI themselves do for the German challenge series. As they are factory cars (and not built by a 3rd party like these) it hopefully will mean some tasty parts for owners of the F56, providing they come onto the regular market like the R56 parts?? :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts