MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There has been a lot of talk about switchable remaps for the R56 MCS and the possibility of us tuning cars that are unable to visit us - due to distance.

We now have a solution.

The evolve-R.

This remote cable is one that you (the end user) keeps and can flash in files using your laptop with the very simple software pictures below:

Datalogging to be implemented in near future

This is again the exact same cable as what we use at HQ but it is locked to your ECU and costs £150 in addition the the tuned map cost.

This is how it works:

- We send you the cable with software
- Install the programme on your laptop (Windows XP/Vista/7)
- Plug the cable into your USB port and then to your OBDII port
- Click the 'identify ECU' button
- Read the file by clicking on 'read ECU memory'
- Email us the file
- Await for the modified file to be sent back
- Click 'programme ECU memory' button and select the new file

The read/write time is less than 2 minutes.

You can then select the origional or the tuned software. Handy for dealer visits if your car is under warranty.

If for example, you currently have a stock car and ask for the stage 1 software and then later decide to add a downpipe and require a stage 2 remap then you use the same cable and you just purchase the relevant version from us and flash it in into the ECU.

In the near future we hope to supply an upgraded software which will allow the software/cable to read/clear fault codes and also carry out datalogging or read live data.

This is very much the latest in OBDII flashing / data technology at a very competitive price.

These are now ready to ship. £549 inc VAT shipped to UK. For other countries please contact me for a shipping quote.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sounds like an impressive piece of kit, not sure I need one for the Juke but I'd like to see it in use on a MINI!

·
omd
4,714 Posts
so if for instance i took my car in for warranty work could I revert back to stock map... or if i dont bother removing the map but the dealer re-flashes the car removing the evolve map would it be a simple case of plugging it into my laptop tp get the evolve map back?

also would it work on a mac?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so if for instance i took my car in for warranty work could I revert back to stock map... or if i dont bother removing the map but the dealer re-flashes the car removing the evolve map would it be a simple case of plugging it into my laptop tp get the evolve map back?

Yes you can revert back to stock map before any dealer visits.

If dealer updates your map you would have to read the new map - email it to us and we would provide you with a new map based on this updated map from MINI. We do not charge for re-doing the maps due to dealer updates.

It would work on MAC with parrallels or something similar.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
The mac thing is a pain, my data logging software and my RMW tool software are all PC. Grumble haha.

From personal use of the RMW tool these are super user friendly! Will be good to see this in action!

Kennedy get buying :D :D :D

·
MCS
198 Posts
This sounds like the perfect product / service for me. After the remap (I would require stage 2 for turbo back exhaust + IC upgrades) would it be a good idea to get the car dyno'd? From your reputation I have complete faith in your work but I am just trying to grasp the idea of how you tune the ecu remotely without checking the engine values from a dyno run or is it based off your current maps with known parameters that you have programmed so far?

Also being my Mrs car she has an auto box in it, so would this affect the tune? (I know you would have to limit the power at a certain point but I doubt a downpipe and map will exceed the gear boxes specification but better to mention it now to be safe - i.e if I break the car I better pack up and join the foreign legion).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This sounds like the perfect product / service for me. After the remap (I would require stage 2 for turbo back exhaust + IC upgrades) would it be a good idea to get the car dyno'd? From your reputation I have complete faith in your work but I am just trying to grasp the idea of how you tune the ecu remotely without checking the engine values from a dyno run or is it based off your current maps with known parameters that you have programmed so far?

Also being my Mrs car she has an auto box in it, so would this affect the tune? (I know you would have to limit the power at a certain point but I doubt a downpipe and map will exceed the gear boxes specification but better to mention it now to be safe - i.e if I break the car I better pack up and join the foreign legion).
You can if you want to. We base our maps on all the previous development we have done. Up to turbo back exhaust and FMIC no custom mapping is required for us as we have developed tunes for this hardware already. If you had cams/bigger turbo and headwork that we haven't tuned for that would be different.

We remotely tune M5's, M3's and diesel 335i's all day long without the use of a dyno. No issues and cars will perform just as the same as the ones we tune at HQ.

·
MCS
198 Posts
You can if you want to. We base our maps on all the previous development we have done. Up to turbo back exhaust and FMIC no custom mapping is required for us as we have developed tunes for this hardware already. If you had cams/bigger turbo and headwork that we haven't tuned for that would be different.

We remotely tune M5's, M3's and diesel 335i's all day long without the use of a dyno. No issues and cars will perform just as the same as the ones we tune at HQ.
Thanks sorry if I came across in the wrong manner, when did you say you releasing the software? :D yup its a bog standard MCSa soon with miltek downpipe (already had it before I found out about yours :( ) and hopefully sign up for your IC group buy in the next few days once I know I can go for it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks sorry if I came across in the wrong manner, when did you say you releasing the software? :D yup its a bog standard MCSa soon with miltek downpipe (already had it before I found out about yours :( ) and hopefully sign up for your IC group buy in the next few days once I know I can go for it.
No offence taken at all :)

Cable and Software will be ready for shipping in the next few days.

·
MCS
198 Posts
Ok last thing which has likely been answered in another thread but I'm too lazy right now to search through loads of threads :p How does the tune affect the sport button modes?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sport button just alters throttle response. It will just be more responsive in each mode.

·
Registered
586 Posts

Mate, Bootcamp it.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Awesome stuff guys. Now to find a tuner up here that will give me some dyno time :)

Gots to
Matty should do you good, but in fairness, if Evolve have the basic maps made up, you will actually save money as you essentially will only need to do 2-3 runs. before, after and a possible fine tune

Dooooo etttttttt!!!!! oh and im coming when it happens y0! xx (<no homo )

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Dyno time will show what gains you have, on that particular dyno. Fine tuning would involve doing some data logging and sending the dyno and data software back to Evolve to look through and then adjust the map to suit this. They then send the adjusted map back and you load it onto the car.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts