MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We will use this thread to keep everyone update on our latest project car.

We picked the car up last night at 11PM. The car was on the dyno at 10AM this morning :)

It is Astro Black has the JCW Aero Kit, full leather interior, MFWS, Xenons and pimping interior mood lights and 18k miles on the clock.

I will get some better pictures taken soon - just busy with trying to get it up to a respectable power level for Santapod this Sunday! Being a black car it also needs a good detail to get rid of the swirl marks and holograms.

Before any modifications are carried out.

Plans for the exterior include:

New Style JCW brake Ducts and lower grille.
Some carbon goodies.
Red stripes or delete stripes altogether.
Breyton GTSR in 18" Matte Grey.

Plans for the Chassis:

LSD
Coilover Suspension (to be developed) can't stand the wheel gap so may have to go for a temporary solution in the meanwhile.
ARB's.
Big brake Kit (undecided which ones)

Planned power upgrades:

Turbo back exhaust - we will develop our own to include option for catted or decatted downpipes.
Intercooler.
Simota Carbon Intake.
evolve ECU tuning.
In the longer term - bigger turbo upgrades.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First modification - evolve ECU remap.

One working hour after pick up our R56 meets one of its new training partners - our Dyno Dynamics rolling road.

Downloading the stock map from the car.

Car made a healthy 189.1 BHP and 220 ft/lbs Torque in stock form. With our ecu remap the peak figures are 230.3 BHP and 260 ft/lbs Torque. Thats a peak gain of 40 BHP and 40ft/lbs of torque.

If you look at the area under the graph the highest torque gain is 60 ft/lbs of torque and 50 BHP and 3750 RPM.

Power and Torque at the wheels for those that prefer that flavour.

All this done by 12:00pm.

Now the car is having these fitted and will have a remap to suit this afternoon:

Forge Stepped Core FMIC and Downpipe with 200 cell cat.

We will be trying different FMIC's and downpipe combinations in time - we just had these in stock so I took them while I could :laugh:

Time slip for 1/4 mile achieved with the above set up.

·
Administrator
17,320 Posts
Seriously nice numbers! Looking forward to watching it develop and see what time you can set in it on Sunday!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously nice numbers! Looking forward to watching it develop and see what time you can set in it on Sunday!
Should break the 250 BHP barrier in the next hour or so.

Haven't had time to replace the runfails yet so will hamper my time on Sunday.

I am sure some of you can have a test drive tomorrow if you bring me some bribes.

·
Administrator
17,320 Posts
Should break the 250 BHP barrier in the next hour or so.

Haven't had time to replace the runfails yet so will hamper my time on Sunday.

I am sure some of you can have a test drive tomorrow if you bring me some bribes.
Shotgun!

·
Throttle Junkie
3,730 Posts
Great result, looking forward to handing you my car in October!!

Loving the idea of the Breytons, they are awesome wheels. The new style JCW front splitter should also be on your list me thinks!

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
wow great figures there, the joys of turbo cars ayy, hmmm i want more power plug in play and woshhh power lol

1 - 20 of 478 Posts