MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Damo23
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening!
I am newbie to mini torque and cannot believe I have not register from the moment I got my R53 S! That's the good thing of the day done:laugh:.
I am just about to modify the treasured car. I have few point that are drawing up the modifs.
I want to keep it for as long as possible(because I just love it) so no mega upgrades that require lots of dosh to maintain and nothing that require any special care while using it as my girlfriend is (unfortunately) using it too. I do long journey so I don't want to have the need of earplugs at 4000rpm. I think that's pretty restricting already...no tracks days too.

So here is my little project after some time researching, please drop me a line with your views about. It will be much appreciated and taken on board.
Planned for April:
- BBR GTI for a conversion stage 1 220Bhp
- Brake upgrade R53 JCW (maybe upgrading the brake pads)
Then later on this year:
- lightweight alternator pulley 0%
- lightweight crankshaft pulley
- new clutch (need researching as I want one that cope better with the upgrades, suggestions welcome)

Sorry to have bore you already!
Cheers
Damo

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Forget bbr, just take it to 1320, more bangs for bucks, I too also wasn't going to modify much,but two years and around £6000 down I'm waiting for my big valve head to be fitted! I drive up from Southampton, as these
Boys really know what they are doing!

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
With 220bhp a stock clutch will more than suffice

·
Damo23
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you! I will look at 1320, great I can see that there isn't any good feedback about bbr. I will hold on and search more. I heard of minispeed?!

·
MCS DS 06
1,704 Posts
Christ we're all slacking badly. This post has been up over 2 hours and no one has mentioned it.

COOIILLOOVVERRRRSSSSSS!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts