MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice from experience. I have the engine and box both out of the car and they are separate. They are ready to go back in. Just wondering weather or not to fit engine first (and use support bar) or bolt gear box to engine while there out and refit as one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would expect it to be much easier with both out, especially if you have done it from below with the subframe out, but I haven't done it personally, so watch this space for more replies from those that have.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
refit it as a unit. 100%

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I put it back in complete with all ancilleries attached. I also fit the drivers side driveshaft too otherwise the support bearing is awkward to bolt back to the block once the engine is in!

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK cool, Im about to start the refit process, is there a write up somewhere to follow...I couldnt find one on here!
My shiney new motor came with some AGRA race engine stickers, got to be worth a few BHP alone

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
it's not awkward putting those on after the engine is hung if preferred

the shaft bearing for me is just a bit fussy getting it straight as the shaft goes in but I never take shafts out of the hubs, I hold the assembly out while guiding the shaft in at the same time as correcting the support position, tightening the support can be done with a ratchet spanner quite easily,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts