MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
has a new shiny helmet
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my first track day experience, my focus has moved from powah to brakes and suspension. About to get the brakes sorted over the coming weeks.

On the suspension department I am looking into getting some more negative camber (front) to reduce understeer and hopefully getting better grip through corners. My car is currently lowered on Eibach springs with standard MCS sports suspension (yeah, I know, coilovers, coilovers...:lol:). It seems that with the lowering springs you get a lot of negative camber rear, but not so in the front.

Has anybody tried the adjustable front top mounts from Eibach, would these do the job? They would probably not fit with my GTT strut brace tho...

Sam

·
Ummmmm Orange!!
1,190 Posts
Also have these and happy enough, Just flicked them to -2degrees and theirs still abit of adjustment left :thumbup1:

Reactions: sam_a156

·
has a new shiny helmet
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, now I have to confess my total ignorance on this topic. Reading your specs gazkart, it seems that I could still benefit from them even if I upgrade to coilovers later?

(Edit: assumed that the coilover kits would come with camber adjustment too)

·
Ummmmm Orange!!
1,190 Posts
Ok, now I have to confess my total ignorance on this topic. Reading your specs gazkart, it seems that I could still benefit from them even if I upgrade to coilovers later?

(Edit: assumed that the coilover kits would come with camber adjustment too)
Most coilovers dont come with the camber plates so it depends on which ones you go for :laugh:

·
Res Non Verba
2,751 Posts
In the KW range you'll have use for them with all but the clubsports. The meister r's come with camber plates too.

I run KW V1s with SPC camber plates and rear control arms and I'm very happy :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
After my first track day experience, my focus has moved from powah to brakes and suspension. About to get the brakes sorted over the coming weeks.

On the suspension department I am looking into getting some more negative camber (front) to reduce understeer and hopefully getting better grip through corners. My car is currently lowered on Eibach springs with standard MCS sports suspension (yeah, I know, coilovers, coilovers...:lol:). It seems that with the lowering springs you get a lot of negative camber rear, but not so in the front.

Has anybody tried the adjustable front top mounts from Eibach, would these do the job? They would probably not fit with my GTT strut brace tho...

Sam
-2° you can get with them.
I am happy with mine for now.
Eibach

·
goodbye wheelgap
400 Posts
i've had some vibrations under acceleration coming from these..the boys at 1320 put them down to the solid spc/eibach adjustable front top mounts.

·
Premium Member
9,608 Posts
i've had some vibrations under acceleration coming from these..the boys at 1320 put them down to the solid spc/eibach adjustable front top mounts.
I thought it was a engine mount problem dude?

I'm looking to pick up another set of these for my coils arriving next month and I haven't heard anyone else have this issue.

·
has a new shiny helmet
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got these installed, but run into little problems. Seems that there is not enough room on the front left side for more radical camber settings as the Eibach springs seem to be hitting the body of the car on turns etc. According to my mechanic there is more room on the right side though! :confused1:

So now I have very nice top mounts...but have to use them virtually in normal camber settings.

What's this, Eibach top mounts not compatible with Eibach springs? :cursing:

Has anybody else experienced this or is this specific to my car? Sounds strange that the setup is not symmetrical and that there is more room on left hand side. Never had any accidents or such though that could explain it.

·
has a new shiny helmet
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mabye your car has had a knock prior?
I am the first and only owner of the car and I never had any accidents.

But on my first track day we were practicing a loooong and punishing right hand turn over and over again...until I lost a wheel bolt and almost the whole wheel too. The story here.

But could this have caused more extensive damage to the car that could explain the clearance problem?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Anyone running these experienced bearing problems yet?

My left one has gone so looking at replacing the bearing (if possible) or replacing the plates.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts