MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch Gauge Measuring instrument Clock Font

I purchased this egt sensor, but on my big turbo build there isn't any space to run the stock sensor so I purchased a 90deg two pin sensor rated to 1000c+. Trouble is it's not working. Do all two pin sensors work with AEM products or is there a specific brand or type I should look at. Really frustrating to be right at the end and this is holding things up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
View attachment 104999
I purchased this egt sensor, but on my big turbo build there isn't any space to run the stock sensor so I purchased a 90deg two pin sensor rated to 1000c+. Trouble is it's not working. Do all two pin sensors work with AEM products or is there a specific brand or type I should look at. Really frustrating to be right at the end and this is holding things up.

Any help greatly appreciated.
The sensors work by measuring the change in resistance between two different metals so it matters which way round you wire the two wires and you need to use the proper connectors

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sensors work by measuring the change in resistance between two different metals so it matters which way round you wire the two wires and you need to use the proper connectors
Thanks for the info. Jack at MWUK has tried both ways and nothing. It was a cheap sensor so chances are it's a dud. I've not bought a 90 degree aem with a boss adaptor to fit it as the bung in the downpipe which has already been drilled and tapped from an M8 to an M10 now needs to be an M14.

Picked up another cheaper sensor too just incase.

Let's see how things go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts