MiniTorque.com banner
121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
GP-2 is back on the red OZs and Nokian winters. And I think the other rear caliper needs a rebuild as it's sticking and the Carbotech AX6s squeal...

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Since EB didn't get on with the pre-loved AD08s some 215/45-17 MPS Cup2s have arrived for summer giggles. At least, when he's not running eco spec Toyos.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Since we are now all living under a CV19 shaped cloud, there's not much to report, I haven't even tried the car on the new Michelins and its due a service and probably a bit of preventative maintenance (I think a refurb of a rear caliper is stil due).

Maybe we'll be able to get out on a track in August and September.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
GP2 got a full service and some preventative maintenance - and the mechanic was so keen, he came out in person to tell us what he'd done.

It turns out that some chap in the club has a GP3 due for delivery any day now, so we'll try and set up a photoshoot for all three generations of GP.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
GP-2 made it to the annual Mini Club Flying Finns trackday and sauna/drinking night on 12th September; I haven't seen any photos from the track that I could upload, but hopefully something will emerge. Unfortunately, neither the GP1 nor GP3 made it for the photo-op, but not to worry. I even stuck the original rims on too, as the weather was already turning wet.

And tomorrow, it'll be back on winters as the snow has come. And it was 10c on Wednesday...!

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Well, JKo, Micke and the GP2 all made the club magazine Christmas edition, but not the website, so I can't upload any pictures just yet.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
The GP2 has managed a measly 1600km in the last twelve months, 250km of which was the trip to the track and sauna-night, despite not being off the road. I suppose this is what happens when you're working from home and have a family car as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good to see you on here mate, nice to be able to follow your car/s. (y) Hopefully we'll get to hang out drinking Lonkeros in a parking lot somewhere in Sweden again soon.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
You just sort out the vaccinations, open the borders, find us a track/car park and we'll be back with the slabs of Lonkero.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Ah, bugger. GP2 needs a new turbo. Seems to have ingested something on the cold side, and damaged the blades. Full diagnosis/prognosis awaited.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
the Airtec FMIC is also full of gasket, the advice is replacement

·
Registered
33 Posts
Aw man that sucks. No pun intended. Look at it this way, time for upgrades! At least that’s what I always try to do . Seriously though, hope you get it sorted without too much problems/costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Not sure there's any appetite for upgrades, needs a bigger turbo, all the supporting installation kit, and a good mapper too, which is probably the biggest challenge.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
you always find the weak point, but I am wondering WTF happened here. And I suppose if anyone else is running an R56 with the same intake, you might consider a pre-emptive replacement of the offending part. I'll try to get the part # in due course.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts