MiniTorque.com banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
#R53orGTFO
346 Posts
And thinking about the future, I think that two things need to happen. Add buckets and a cage. Keep the weight the same. Recommendations?
Wanted to say sell it to me but saw in another thread that it wont be happening anytime soon ::getcoat:: :laugh:

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Micke, you seem to want to buy everything. What was it last week? Subaru? R56?

·
#R53orGTFO
346 Posts
Subaru is still the childhood dream. Probably would be disappointed after a short time. As the time I took the Evo for a longer test drive. Yes it was fast but lacking something, didn't feel that special after all. But I had the Civic :tongue_smilie:

R56 because many parts from the R53 would be PnP. Time will tell... In the spring I have to hop in the the passenger seat with you or EB to feel how much different it is comparing to the R53.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Subaru is still the childhood dream. Probably would be disappointed after a short time. As the time I took the Evo for a longer test drive. Yes it was fast but lacking something, didn't feel that special after all. But I had the Civic :tongue_smilie:

R56 because many parts from the R53 would be PnP. Time will tell... In the spring I have to hop in the the passenger seat with you or EB to feel how much different it is comparing to the R53.
I loved my Subaru. It was such a good road car. Might roll too much on the track, but it was balanced, light and quick and made tremendous noises.

I think you'll like the GP2: it's very planted, confidence-inspiring and despite being a turbo the throttle response is excellent. And it also makes ridiculous noises.

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts

Having had a few Scoobies they are still my favourite 'car', the mini is a far better toy / project though. As a daily I would still love to have an Imprezza hatch with a Steve Whiston engine in it and on Ohlins I don't think much would trouble it on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
I still look sometimes for another Legacy 4 cam turbo, mine was dark blue with the additional gold Speedlines and was ace, a quick enough point to point car out of the box

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
My old Mum still zooms around in her 3.0 Outback. It's pretty good fun in maximum attack mode (paddle shift & Sports#). And every year at the annual inspection, the inspector asks if it's going up for sale anytime soon.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
The to-do list for the GP2 appears modest:

install the GFB DV
install the Whiteline rARB
install the HardRace RCAs
clean the K&N in the AEM CAI
arse around with the summer and track day tyres & rims

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Absolutely no progress on this car at all. It needs the DV, RCAs and rARB fitting as well as a service (oil change) but there just isn't enough time to get this off the back burner.

I'd like to take it to Alastaro on Saturday, but even that requires a wheel change - there isn't much point in rocking up on some eco-spec 400 treadwear rated tyres.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
Absolutely no progress on this car at all. It needs the DV, RCAs and rARB fitting as well as a service (oil change) but there just isn't enough time to get this off the back burner.

I'd like to take it to Alastaro on Saturday, but even that requires a wheel change - there isn't much point in rocking up on some eco-spec 400 treadwear rated tyres.
Too many toys
too little time

1st world problems

Still not put summer tyres on mine
As no free time to speak of since Easter ...:confused1:

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Too many toys
too little time

1st world problems

Still not put summer tyres on mine
As no free time to speak of since Easter ...:confused1:
That's a good effort. I've switched tyres on about 4 cars, but the winter backlog of parts - and CELs and condensation in lights and random knocks - just keeps lurking in the corner and staring at me.

As to this car, it doesn't help that EB is always travelling.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
found this on faceballs - 3 years ago...

Mini John Cooper Works GP at Simon Motorsport DIP2 Dubai
Stock: 218HP/280NM
Stage 2+: 279HP/332NM
Gain: +61HP/+52NM

13332718_1191007087596638_2059938729680453671_n.jpg

I'd love to put it back on a dyno to see what we get at lower ambients

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Although the truth is that the tuner cannot quite claim all the increases from stock, as he was not responsible for the full package of supporting mods (the AEM, Akrapovic, FMIC, etc.) that we put on (to get to "stage two and a half"). The car apparently ran 260bhp on the baseline runs, although I don't have the graph or print outs.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I'm pretty sure this is not the racing line...

View attachment 92639
EB's blaming this ^ on a combination of old AD08s and a stiffer Whiteline. He may well be right with respect to the Yokohamas but I didn't have any trouble driving the 750 km back to Helsinki...

It doesn't perhaps help that he's got granny tyres on the stock rims: 205/40-17 Toyo CF1s. They have a treadwear rating of about 500, so they're just eco tyres, and don't do anything for the car except keep rubber between the rims and the road.

We'll be running Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2s next season apparently. And a set of Toyos that'll last until the end of time as 'wets'.:bored:

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #120 (Edited)
The Finnish MOT guys didn't like the Hardrace RCAs, and also took exception to the H&R springs, but we managed to convince them that the RCAs are intended for street use (with rubber bushings) and that the H&Rs are standard equipment. We should have just plastidipped the bright blue Hardrace RCAs and no-one would have been any the wiser.

I had no idea that the car came from the factory with H&R springs over Bilstein dampers as you can only see the manufacturer markings on the springs when you pull the shocks all the way down.

Although we had worked out that it's running a lot more negative camber than a standard JCW as the AEM strut brace needed to be modified to fit.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts