MiniTorque.com banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I'd planned to sort out a few things last night.

Drop the exhaust, check what's rattling at idle and realign with new clamps, and new middle mounts.
Change the crank sensor O ring.
Re tighten/replace the rear right top nut as it sounds like it's come loose.

Here's a picture of the progress, bugger.. Tonight's job then ::getcoat::

20190513_203722_HDR_resized.jpg

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Back on summer tyres makes me realise how much I love this car when I dont hate it..

20190521_070938_HDR~2.jpg

Up flying after work to give the front to rear brake lines a rub down and paint, now a lovely silver colour.

20190521_182242_HDR~2.jpg

Also got some investigation work done

Exhaust rattle = direnza res baffle shat itself

Front end rumble/clunk = RTM topmount bearings

Oil leaks = everywhere..

It never ends ::getcoat::

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Iv got the 2 balls, centre silencer and cat and personally think its a tad too loud, thinking of additional silencer at some point.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Another Friday, another turn to a hover car..
20190621_161520_HDR~2_resized.jpg

A mate was free so helped get some jobs ticked off the list.

20190621_172832_resized.jpg

I couldn't get hold of NickBMW for topmount bearings so I had a guesstimate. Pulled the front shock off, whipped the topmount off and bugger.. I was right except for the outer race dimension so I'll have to return these and order another set :thumbdown: Got a torn dust boot replaced while I was in there.

RTM bearing size:
16mm I.D
38mm outer race O.D
15mm outer race height.

I also got the lip of the discs removed to stop a grinding I had at medium braking, the crank sensor O ring replaced, the air filter cleaned and the plastic on the bumper that catches every speed hump removed.

Back on it wheels before night as I had more important things the rest of the weekend :thumbup:

20190622_135840~2_resized.jpg

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
So the new bearings turned up, so Fix it Friday was back on again. Bearings hammered out and new ones put in, so that's finally sorted!

Monday night was the first time back on track for a while, M1144s held up okay and the AD08r's performed great, it's no surprise there was a fair few cars shod in the same.

20190701_183021_HDR~2_resized.jpg 20190701_202901_HDR~2_resized.jpg
20190702_072648_HDR_resized.jpg

Did have a small hiccup in that I'm now forced to do the rocker cover gasket and O rings after Cyl 1 spark plug tube is weeping

20190701_202649_resized.jpg

All in a great day, I was lapping the same as a tweaked fiesta 200, and slightly slower than an R56GP, which is good going as I didn't bother to take the roofbars off ::getcoat::

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #175 (Edited)
Victor Reinz rocker gaskets ordered, along with a bolt set as some are looking a little crusty as usual!

received_461658427958227.jpg

Struggling to find any info on the power loss as a result of running >53°C inlet temps, but she seemed to be running good. A solid 16.2psi of boost with a very slight leak.
It's not a fast track (kart track) so doesn't get a lot of high speed air over the IC.

Screenshot_2019-07-02-09-58-38.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
temp clipping is from 56c I understand, so maybe not that bad, power will be significantly affected while timing gets pulled up to 10 degrees (or more) plus fuel gets dumped in as the ECU is trying to protect the engine, but a good lightweight I/C will recover faster and hopefully might not affect an entire lap.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
temp clipping is from 56c I understand, so maybe not that bad, power will be significantly affected while timing gets pulled up to 10 degrees (or more) plus fuel gets dumped in as the ECU is trying to protect the engine, but a good lightweight I/C will recover faster and hopefully might not affect an entire lap.
Yeah I saw a max of 60°C so not terrible, I run an MTC/Ebay Cooler and a leap scoop. I had a slow run round half a lap to get some air flow through to drop it into the 40s before pushing on. Might need to revisit the sealing of it. Not ideal, but I'm on a budget!

While I plan to do the rocker cover gasket, is there anything else small maintenance worth doing?

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
use any opportunity to retorque the plugs @27nm

and fit a cam from me if you haven't one already

;O)

Reactions: Elonexx
161 - 180 of 215 Posts