MiniTorque.com banner

141 - 160 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I like my Leap Scoop, of all the ones I've seen / owned its made well and fitted pretty much perfectly. My old M7 one took a lot of filling and sanding before it would even sit correctly.
Can't say the same for mine unfortunately, but I didn't buy it from a supplier. Might be an older version that's been sat around as it hadn't been used

·
Bugger
25,330 Posts
I got mine a year ago from Orranjie. Oli said they had revised the design a fair bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Winter is going::getcoat::

As its warmer, time to start on the list of jobs, first, grinding front brake.

So up she went!
20190416_164544_HDR~2.jpg

Lipped Discket. Chisel and hammer knocked off the worst, then associated caliper and slider bits all cleaned up and relubed.
received_418646842232703.jpg

While the front was up, I've thrown two of my TD 1.2s on. A fair difference in foot print to my 185/55 winters I've been running. They're near the limit, so AD08rs are on the list since Bridgestone stopped the Re002, bastards.

received_424826231610860.jpg

Mis matched wheels, it's now a true Kanjo Civic :mellow:

20190416_192752~2.jpg 20190416_200051~2.jpg

Still a fair bit to sort before a track night mid May, crank sensor o ring being a main one..

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Ditch the stripes, & go for black spots & it'll look awesome, too many colours going on at the minute.

PS, I have some black spots you can have for a few quid, can meet you at Croft one weekend. ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Looks great actually could do with the middle grill going back a bit as they all do, including mine.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
I ummed and ahhed about a bigger scoop for ages because Some angles they just look odd when they're too big.

But these are a little more subtle so don't look too bulgey haha
I had the version 1 then saw the version 2 so got that. Some days I like it some days I think I prefer the version 1.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Your is the 1st one, the later one has a straighter edge on the top of it.

The more I'm looking at yours the more I think I prefer it over the 2nd version :crying:

·
Premium Member
4,864 Posts
there's an ecp in L'pool that'll probably have a zf pump, I can fit it for you this afternoon if you're stuck

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Cheers for the offer, but back home without a hitch now, I'll keep an eye on it

Darlington to liverpool and back, not the best motorway cruiser but copes just fine!

received_1457492621060239.jpg

Now the front end is refreshed, new set of tyres are next on the list, and alignment and some maintenance bits:mellow:

received_621111281696840.jpg

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
So pulled the TDs back off the front and gave part of my wheel collection a quick freshen up, ready for AD08rs on the TDs. From Quick Shit of all places, but I'll just be dropping loose wheels..

20190429_185122_resized.jpg

Sticking with 205/50 16.

I was toying with the idea of running the two enkeis on the front(et 32 vs 38) but I'd have issues rotating them as AD08rs can't just be swapped side to side.

Get an alignment sorted in the near future too, sort out some issues (cam sensor oil leak) and should hopefully get some track time in!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Check they've put them on the right way before you leave. They're bound to fuck it up somehow....
Yeah I tend to avoid them, but they beat black circles in price by a fair whack, and still cheaper than the BC 10% off day!

There's always a lowered ST225 outside, so have some hope haha

·
Premium Member
4,864 Posts
paid £104 for ad08r's at DT 225/45/17, got a duff valve on one so have to get them to swap it,

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #160 (Edited)
Another job on the list now the weather is a little warmer is an exhaust rattle.

I've had a quick look, and I *think* it's the resonator on my direnza. Does anyone know the diameter of the JCW midpipe?

Wondering if this would fit my direnza, or just take it to a garage to get another res put in as I'm happy with how it sounds/noise

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/322196613159?chn=ps

EDIT: JCW is 2.25", Direnza quote 50mm pipe bore, which is 2", so I expect the OD to be the same as JCW. I might find it too loud and droney with no res though :bored:

EDIT II: De res makes it more raspy right? If so then I'm out, I hate rasp haha

EDIT III: Might be some surgery on the Mid pipe

141 - 160 of 215 Posts