MiniTorque.com banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Because of where the street light is, and the change to LED type one, I can't really see when reversing into my corner of the street, so in went some LED reversing bulbs, they're bright, maybe too bright.. but they've solved the issue :ROFLMAO:

For a while I've had a hesitation/stutter/slight lurch when accelerating out from work when cold, but it's getting worse and now does it when hot on WOT around 2.5/3k. Had a quick read and looking like plugs/lead/BPV potentially, any way to check these or just replace?

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
BPV is quite easy to check by hand and observation, plugs and leads will cause misfires or proper hesitation and jerkiness, I'd be checking belt wear first

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
A vacum Pump is what you need to test the BPV mate. I bought a cheap one ages ago, it does the trick.

Just connect it to the vacum line, pump to -15 or so and see it it hold the vacuum.
If it doesn’t, you need a new one.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
BPV is quite easy to check by hand and observation, plugs and leads will cause misfires or proper hesitation and jerkiness, I'd be checking belt wear first
Last time I checked it sprung back quite forcefull, it's a facelift which I believe had a different spring in to pre face?

Belt inst too old, but yes good shout, I do think my tensioner damper is shot aswell

Those bulbs are impressive mate!

Where they 921 or 581 types out of interest please?

These are the ones!

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
if the car is at idle the vac should be strong enough to keep the valve held on it's open stop, easy to test byt seeing if it moves further by hand, and as long as there's good tension and smooth closure onto the other stop it probably isn't your issue,

belt....check there is a hole visible of the tensioner safety strap above the body of the tensioner, if not and the belt is recent try a next length down, different makes have different lengths, different factors have different makes etc.

Reactions: Elonexx

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
if the car is at idle the vac should be strong enough to keep the valve held on it's open stop, easy to test byt seeing if it moves further by hand, and as long as there's good tension and smooth closure onto the other stop it probably isn't your issue,

belt....check there is a hole visible of the tensioner safety strap above the body of the tensioner, if not and the belt is recent try a next length down, different makes have different lengths, different factors have different makes etc.
I'll check the BPV, belt im running an 1360 on a 15% so already the one down. I noticed a difference in cold start that frosty spell end of last year, so wondering if its the plugs, work is only 7 miles so it does alot of short jorneys, I fould up some CR8es in a couple months, so I'll pull these bkr7ies out and see

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
I'd ordered some new leads, (who doesn't love coloured leads) in the hope that fixed my issue.

Got home today, pulled the IC off and the leads, and though "I'll just check the plugs while im here, they're iridiums and haven't done thaatt many miles so should be okay"

Well two of the very tips have just gone..

New 7equps being ordered then!

And here's my coffee table i feel you might appreciate :whistle:

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I'd be finding ways to get that table working ?

were the plugs tight?

are you running a pulley with no map?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
I'd be finding ways to get that table working ?

were the plugs tight?

are you running a pulley with no map?
haha, the bores are a perfect size for gin bottles!

Plugs were put in cold when I did it as per the box instructions for tightening, they've done 15k, but yes, 15% no map

201 - 215 of 215 Posts