MiniTorque.com banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #187 (Edited)
Things are quite (physically)..

I've purposefully let my build plateau due to being midway through purchasing a house, and bar some creaks and rattles, she was running alright.

This morning, I got in the car, went to close the door to the annoying *dunk* as the window hits the frame. My window motor seems to have died :thumbdown:

Another thing on the list!

I've tried the hold up reset, the passenger side works, and on pressing the switch, there's a relay/solenoid click happening in the door so it has power

EDIT: False alarm, gave it a whack above the speaker and it's fixed :sleeps:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I have some parts stacking up to fit, rocker cover gasket + plug tube seals, Caliper pins, exhaust hangers etc but haven't got round to it.

My mate fancied a run out on the bikes, but as I couldn't get mine out the garage, the backup toy came out, doesn't get a run out like that often, thoroughly enjoyed not having to worry about manhole covers and the road surface :thumbup:

20190815_201812_HDR~2_resized.jpg

But a few days ago I noticed a kind of spring twang noise, and found this last night, self adjusting camber :huh: so I'll have to drop the strut as I've lost my snapped off allen key that used to just fit in :mellow:

received_493489671439050_resized.jpg

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
After 2 weddings on Saturday, I was uneagerly up Sunday, to sort out these topmounts.

My mate popped round to give a helping hand, which was great as we faced some well corroded adjustment bolts. I'm still unsure how they shifted, as they were in tttiigggghhhttt. A trip to toolstation for some temporary replacements after some much needed manual persuasion of the original bolts we were back together. I did however find my new bearings already shagged :confused1:

In return, I popped past his to help with his 650 Bandit carbs, for the fourth time..

Fake extra lows :w00t:

20190819_202815~2.jpg

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
So with the house move now fast approaching (3 weeks) I need to get some bits sorted on the mini so I don't upset my new neighbors too early.

A quick order yesterday of the following should make a good start!

- New high tensile bolts for the top mounts to replace the temporary stainless ones I could only get hold off
- New bearings for said topmounts, (RTM bearing size, 38mm O.D, 15mm O.W)
- Oil and filter change
- cabin filter

I've still got an exhaust rattle at idle and rear suspension creaks to sort as well :mellow:

On the plus side, I've also had a decent pay rise, so the mini fun should continue!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Gave it a wash friday, first time in weeks D:

And got up and to it this morning.

Front topmount bearings and adjustment bolts replaced. Oil changed along with the filter and the cabin filter done aswell.

Hopefully this tidies it over winter or atleast until I get my house all sorted.

Dipstick is on the brink, so I used the one from my Mams mini to get the level right and I'll buy another for mine.

I also picked up some spacers for the MG winters so the fitment should be the same as the TDs and not look gash like last year!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Nice one! How long before the garage is full of parts?
Garage was the first room to be painted, both walls and floor! Roller tool chest bought, just need some racking. My parents garage is currently home to all my spare stock parts and what not.. so I imagine soon haha

Is that your first home? Looks very nice (y)
It is! Thanks, seems a nice quiet little street, until the impact drivers come out :rolleyes:

181 - 195 of 195 Posts