MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
East Sussex MINI Meet & Run (Countrylanes to Dungeness) 09/10/16

DATE: Sunday 9th October
TIME: from 09.00 if having breakfast (Leave at 10am)
START: The Carwash Diner TN19 7QY
1st STOP: Jempsons local (Battle car park) TN33 0XA
2nd STOP: Rye car park TN31 7LP
FINISH: Britannia Inn - Shepherd Neame, TN29 9ND,
ROUTE LENGH: 39miles
ROUTE DURATION: 1hr 19mins (drive time)

LINK for the route plan: https://goo.gl/maps/sEiwWBcsqo72

Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/482511741957559/

Facebook Numbers: Going 30 Interested 88

MINI TORQUE ATTENDEES:
...GOING...
Dale90
Mini turbo
JakeMiCo
Lersy
DrDantastic
Bokers
ben2901
Cleocollins
Rigsey
bidsey26 - if car is back
Liamz R53
GregGR50

...MAYBE...
BCambray
Leccy Blue 2
-adam-
Martin C

So due Beachy Head road closure for refurbishment i have had to modify the route slightly.
We will still be meeting & setting off at the A21 Diner. the route is all country lanes & heads east to the coast of Dungeness. For those of you that don't know, Dungeness is formed largely of a shingle beach in the form of a cuspate foreland. It has good scenery points of the power station & lighthouses!

The route down there takes us on the A259 which consists of a switchback corner has been rated well by some best driving road sites.
The 2 stops, one of which is in Battle with a public car park round the back of the high street & the other is a car park in Rye. I will also pull into a layby on A259 if the convoy looks to be splitting up.

NEW ROUTE LAYOUT DUE TO CLOSED BEACHY HEAD RD

·
Resident Gobshite
4,036 Posts
East Sussex MINI Meet & Run (Beachy Head & Coastal Route) 09/10/16

I'll put it in the diary. Be a shame to see chrome and wheelgap be flavour of the day again!

PS... Great work Dale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I'll put it in the diary. Be a shame to see chrome and wheelgap be flavour of the day again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just come along and you can tell me I'm stupid for having a supercharger..... In person rather than just via email....text... And messenger

For anyone who hasn't come to any of the sussex meets, this was the last one we organised

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I'm up for this. Is there much hooning or is it a leisurely affair?
Bit of both really, if you want a hoon there will be oppertunity but if you'd rather not blast you won't get left behind

due to lack of funds (being 21 y/o), i am the unfortunate owner of a 'wheel gap' am i still allowed in?
More the merrier, I'm sure you won't be the only one with some wheel gap and TBH we've all been there :thumbup1:

·
Flame grilled?
9,958 Posts
due to lack of funds (being 21 y/o), i am the unfortunate owner of a 'wheel gap' am i still allowed in?

I expect Jake will be at the entrance checking each car is up to his high standard ...lol....don't worry about it buddy, Jake only got rid of his bonnet stripes & panda eyes a very short while ago ha ha

·
Premium Member
6,423 Posts
Bit of both really, if you want a hoon there will be oppertunity but if you'd rather not blast you won't get left behind
Excellent.

More the merrier, I'm sure you won't be the only one with some wheel gap and TBH we've all been there :thumbup1:
Nothing wrong with that, they're still fun to drive, it's not driving it and still having wheel gap is the crying shame.

Seriously though, coilovers.

·
Resident Gobshite
4,036 Posts
haha, its not totally stock though, its had a bit of the 1320Mini treatment.

Is a fair way for me though, from Cheltenham
Don't take me seriously, you'll just frustrate yourself haha! I've got a spare weekend ticket for MITP this weekend if you want to head over and find out what we're all about :thumbup1: Ads has done an awesome job of organising the stand this year.

I expect Jake will be at the entrance checking each car is up to his high standard ...lol....don't worry about it buddy, Jake only got rid of his bonnet stripes & panda eyes a very short while ago ha ha
Eurgh.. thats effort. I'll just heckle from afar

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So for those wanting a hoon. I feel a Beachy Head ring lap which is 7.3miles in lengh taking somewhere in the region of 5-15mins to complete, depending on speeds & traffic will be a good idea. :wink:

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
The meet I went on (the best one), there was some loon who was giving it the beans with his gap and nearly lost it.

Anyone else who hasn't been it's a riot.

Eurgh.. thats effort. I'll just heckle from afar
You know they do megaphones..

1 - 20 of 118 Posts