MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I know Jayxx83 has done this And with a few texts I understand it's not a difficult mod to do and costing £20 from BMW seems good value, but has anyone else do this and can they do a step by step guide

·
goodbye wheelgap
400 Posts
i did this, with bulbs from ultraleds.co.uk..very similar to the e90 look

it was really simple - pull out the two covers from one side using a flat blade screwdriver, replace the bulbs and replace the covers..

my covers were broken so I just bought two new ones for a few £ from the dealer..be careful when prying them out as the clips are quite fragile..

that was it..twist the bulbs so that they reflect as u want them too (since they are led and bulbs only on one side). they used to flicker a few times when locking and unlocking the car, but that was about it.

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm i like the idea of the actual look E90 lights, one of the clips on my CCd boot handle has a broken clip so the idea of the e90 lights is great has i can replace the actul clips

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
£20 for the oem E90 conversion from BMw not just bulbs lol

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I have seen so many ebay bulbs and they just look too bright

·
Registered
329 Posts
is it not possible to only buy the bulbs only from the E90 or even the Lexus and clip it in?
I've seen others, they not that bright as the bmw/lexus.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
They are a one piece unit

Well worth the effort

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Had mine on for nearly 3 years now and no problem. The lighting coverage is nice and even as the reflectors are designed for the LEDs. Bit OCD I know but adds to the overall look lol.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Had mine on for nearly 3 years now and no problem. The lighting coverage is nice and even as the reflectors are designed for the LEDs. Bit OCD I know but adds to the overall look lol.
^this.

3years almost to the day, and still going strong. Mine are a little cack-angled though.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Not a direct fit. Dremel is your friend. You'll need to do a bit if fiddling with the wires to, I used the proper e90 connectors when I did mine.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
You need to cut a lot out of the stock plinth. You also need the E90 connecting pins. Cut your stock wires, connect the new wires and silicone the new units into place. It is an extremely tight fit and you can just get them flush. The connectors will bend slightly when flush but just make sure it's all soldered up tight and black taped up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts