MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing it?
Any availability? This is the future for cars and the power hike is pretty impressive just for fuel.

Wondered if anyone has done it in the U.K. or if there's any information?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's disappointing.
Effing expensive too which is the complete opposite to the States and Australia

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,546 Posts
JKo's car runs ethanol, but it is more readily available in Finland (where petrol costs around 1.50eur/litre).

I'm planning to switch to ethanol when I get back; all I need is a Bytetronik and the new fuel maps, and bigger injectors, and new fuel pump and ...

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
From memory I think Nige tried it, but couldn't tune for it as the quality varied to much fill up to fill up

·
Registered
11 Posts
mcm run it fine due to them using a flex fuel sensor telling there haltech the e85 percentage so the ecu can in effect live map for it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is e85 still available in the uk? If so were from please? My tuner wants me to run e85 but running it on vp will be costly

·
Bugger
25,353 Posts
unless you order it from one of the race fuel suppliers you won't find anything suitable from a pump.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,760 Posts
E10 from next year ....baby steps
otherwise 2.50 ish per litre, up depending on quantity and shipping from various suppliers.
can you not ask for multiple maps, based on uk Tesco 99, ?

cheap ethanol might be back soon as part of us/uk brexit trade deal...in essence it’s being taxed to death to protect a small uk/eu manufacturing base.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts