MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks to DoubleP, Janspeed manifold with tomcat is installed now. I will upgrade my brakes also, when ever I have time and motivation next time :D

Cruising with my co-driver on Ahvenisto race track:

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
I'm actually toying with the idea of setting up an alignment shop. Out of interest, how much are people paying?
I've used a couple of places in the past, both race car prepping places and paid £60 at one, and £180 at another.

The more expensive one charges £80 just to put it on the ramp and hook the sensors to the wheels.

The cheap one was just as good, but it's a bastard to get to for me.

My major gripe with any alignment place is getting the wheel pointing straight when they've finished, that does my head in if it's off centre.

Buy a tyre machine and wheel balancer while you're at it.... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Demon Tweeks did the best alignment Iv ever had done, in this instance, steering wheel was absolutely perfectly straight!

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Who the hell makes wheel alignment to steering wheel be somehow else than straight if tires are straight. WTF !! Must be VERY pro carage

Lähetetty minun H9436 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
Who the hell makes wheel alignment to steering wheel be somehow else than straight if tires are straight. WTF !! Must be VERY pro carage

Roads are crowned to allow for drainage, so we constantly steer ever so slightly right....

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Roads are crowned to allow for drainage, so we constantly steer ever so slightly right....
Yes as our roads in Finland allso are prettty bad shape sometimes due to winter. But still we have had electric tools for alignemt. There we lock steering wheel straight and after that we BV adjust wheels to be way for our needs. That's quite easy

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,489 Posts
So, DTR, how do you find the new Sparco on the road and on the track? It felt great on a test fitting in the pits, a little snug maybe for a bloke my size, but really good.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
So, DTR, how do you find the new Sparco on the road and on the track? It felt great on a test fitting in the pits, a little snug maybe for a bloke my size, but really good.
Thanks tcbw for asking, finally something on topic ;) ?

Seat really is quite snug, but suits well for a skeleton like me. Perfect on the track, tolerable on the street. We'll see how it suits for winter use, when I might not have grip under my feet when going in and out of the car. Well, actually I might change it to stock anyway for the winter :)

The problem so far is the stock seat belt, as it's doesn't sit perfectly on my lap at the moment. Seems like I can't use it perfectly with a that kind of seat (high bolsters). I don't want to change to 4- or 5-point harness either, because I don't have a cage. Best option so far could be to use 3-point retractable harness, but I haven't figured out yet where to mount it. Rear seat stock locations are quite close, so the angle would be close to 45 degrees. C-pillar could be an option, but don't know how to replace the stock system yet (how to guide the belt through the pillar loop).

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I like your standard seats, those R56? they look quite supportive?
Yes, as JKo said, seats are part of the Park Lane package. They might be quite supportive, but they are unfortunately little bit slippery too (on track).

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Nothing major happened over here, but here's a part list for the summer 2020 so far:

• Rooster Racing BPV
  • HEL braided brake lines
  • Motul RBF600 brake fluid
  • Brembo rear discs and pads
  • Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres

61 - 80 of 92 Posts