MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from Finland!

I was supposed to start this thread later with more and better pictures, but I'm just too eager to wait. After 11 years of BMW driving I decided to change to something more compact and cheaper. I kind of didn't get very far and ended up to Mini Cooper S. I almost bought one that was advertised as JCW-version. After some research I noticed that it was just a normal R53 with JCW-intercooler cover and it had also various rust problems ? After that I found this british racing green R53 with JCW tuning kit. I travelled 550km to see it and drove it home. It's imported from Germany 2013 and has about 160 000km on the clock now (100k miles)

Standard Equipment
214 Automatic Stability Control+traction
228 Sports Suspension Settings Plus
481 Sport Seats F Driver/front Passenger
546 Revolution Counter
548 Speedometer With Kilometer Reading
823 Hot Climate Version
851 Language Version German
896 Daytime Lights Function

Options
1CA Selection Cop Relevant Vehicles
2RG Light Alloy Wheels Bridge Spoke Lm
2TA Limited Slip Differential
249 Multi-function For Steering Wheel
255 Sports Leather Steering Wheel
3AF Roof And Mirror Caps Silver
3AL John Cooper Works Kit
345 Chrome Line Interior
346 Chrome-line Exterior
4AA Roof Lining Anthracite
4AP Interior Surface Park Lane
403 Glas Roof, Electric
405 Exterior Mirror Caps Chrome Plated
423 Floor Mats, Velour
428 Warning Triangle
450 Height Adjustment F Front Passenger Seat
493 Storage Compartment Package
494 Seat Heating F Driver/front Passenger
520 Foglights
522 Xenon Light
534 Automatic Air Conditioning
550 On-board Computer
563 Lights Package
609 Navigation System Professional
650 Cd Player
657 Radio Boost
7AM Mini Park Lane
785 White Direction Indicator Lights
8SP Cop Control
801 Germany Version
863 Europe/dealer Directory
879 German / On-board Documentation
895 Additional Ventilator

Modifications:

• Autec Wizard 7.5x17", ET38 + 215/45 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres
  • MSW 85 7x17", ET30 + 215/45 Continental winter tyres
  • D2 coilovers
  • cabrio front braces
  • adjustable sway bar links
  • JCW shift knob and handbrake grip
  • stock lower motor mount + Powerflex inserts
  • aero grill
  • Atomspeed scoop
  • Ultragauge
  • OMP lower strut brace
  • deflapped JCW-airbox + BMC cone filter
  • GRS Motorsport intercooler
  • Hardrace rear control arms
  • KAVS -17% supercharger pulley
  • NGK BCR8ES spark plugs
  • EBC Ultimax discs and EBC Redstuff pads - front
  • Janspeed exhaust manifold + tomcat
  • Sparco Pro 2000 driver's seat
  • HEL braided brake lines
  • Motul RBF600 brake fluid
  • Brembo rear discs and pads
  • Powerflex polyurethane front wishbone rear bushing
  • Valeo clutch + single mass flywheel
  • Rooster Racing BPV
Not fitted yet:
  • Powerflex Black Series transmission mount inserts
Summer 2017:

Jul-2019

Apr-2020

·
#R53orGTFO
346 Posts
Another Finn, welcome! The color suits really well, will have to see this in person 1 day, especially that we seem to live in the same city.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love a BRG!

Really like those alloys too! Will look excellent without the wheel gap. You kind of need that ground clearance with that much snow though
Thanks! That's true, one day your car might look like this after working day :D

Another Finn, welcome! The color suits really well, will have to see this in person 1 day, especially that we seem to live in the same city.
Thank you! Yes, it would be nice to meet other R53 drivers :thumbup1:

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Hei DTR. That looks like a great find, loaded with kit, with some funky rims, and in the best colour of course. Did I read that you have a silver roof and chrome mirrors? That's an unusual specification.

And Micke's right, we should have a get together, in anticipation of the summer season.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hei DTR. That looks like a great find, loaded with kit, with some funky rims, and in the best colour of course. Did I read that you have a silver roof and chrome mirrors? That's an unusual specification.

And Micke's right, we should have a get together, in anticipation of the summer season.
Cheers! Yes, it has a silver roof and chrome mirrors. Some kind of meeting would be nice indeed!

Couldn't the previous owner afford the correct size tyres for the rims?

:wink:
Well, I'm not a big fan of streched tyres either, but what size you would use with 8.5" wide wheels without grinding your fenders off with the tyres? :wink:
Summer wheels will be max. 8", most probably 7-7.5" wide.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most probably next saturday morning I'm going to have a big DIY day (pulley, intake, motor mounts, etc.) so maybe after that in the evening or on sunday?
It would like to see that process, but I have plans for Saturday already. Sunday is doable, maybe it's better to continue with private messages...

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Summer wheels will be max. 8", most probably 7-7.5" wide.
17x8.5s are massive (widest on the forum so far?), given the stock sizes are 17x7 (with 205/40s), or 7.5 with 215/40s on the GP2.

Lots of us run 215/45 without too much rubbing...

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
17x8.5s are massive (widest on the forum so far?), given the stock sizes are 17x7 (with 205/40s), or 7.5 with 215/40s on the GP2.

Lots of us run 215/45 without too much rubbing...
Yes, I know :) My point was to indicate to member E-R53, that with these 8.5" wide wheels it's impossible to use wider tyres than 215, because they would rubb. The wheel comes almost over the fenderline, so stretched tyres are a must.

That's why I'm heading to buy something like 7.5" wide wheels for the summer.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to MT! The car looks great. Wheels look good too. A bit like the oem S-spokes, but fatter.
Thanks! I like the wheels also, but with kind of mixed feelings :) They look very good and are OEM style, but are maybe not the best to drive on our roads after all. We'll see, what's my final call...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Welcome!

Love the wheels! Would be great on a stance build, just not the easiest to fit for a normal road project.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It was time to change the xenons, when one morning they looked like this :blush:

Also decided to buy 7.5x17" Autec Wizards with 205/45 tyres, thanks for the tip Micke! :thumbup1:

One crappy picture of the Park Lane-seats:

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
liking the wheels, websearch brought me back here haha, dangixxer in 2008 had the same but can't see pics, they do them in 16x6 and 17x7 by the looks of it from Japan, £255 ?

Reactions: DTR

·
#R53orGTFO
346 Posts
I saw this last Sunday when we had a chat, looks way better than in the pictures posted here. With the coilovers and new wheels it'll be perfect :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
liking the wheels, websearch brought me back here haha, dangixxer in 2008 had the same but can't see pics, they do them in 16x6 and 17x7 by the looks of it from Japan, £255 ?
I have seen 17x7 also, but these are 17x8.5. I don't know about the availability, I think this model is discontinued.

I saw this last Sunday when we had a chat, looks way better than in the pictures posted here. With the coilovers and new wheels it'll be perfect :thumbup:
Thanks! I hope it looks good in summer :laugh:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts