MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I've had J&R send me shafts with the wrong bearing bracket on (Cooper instead of cooper s) and this causes the inner shaft to be pulled out of the gearbox by an inch or so and not seal properly. Check that the number on the braket is the same as the OEM one.

Will also add my RMW shafts have taken some good stick and are holding up fine with 400whp. Not the cheapest solution but beats crawling under the car changing them all the time.

There are a lot of variables with people's cars and driving styles so what works for one person might not necessarily work for you.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The inner shaft shouldn't even move it's fixed to the bracket which is fixed to the block so either the braket is wrong or the shaft is too short, unless you undo the bolts from the braket I can't see it moving surely, it's not like the outers where there is loads of play in the CV for them to move in or out.

My guess is the braket was lined up so the bolts would go in and that pulled the shaft back out the box, check the number on the braket or undo the bolts on the braket and see if you can push the shaft back in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts