MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitting my OMP wheel soon and there is 2 connectors green an black, which one is the airbag wiring?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate.. Did you leave the airbag slip ring in place? As the plastic pin that is at the bottom off it has no hole to go in, on the boss.

·
Screaming Devil!
2,408 Posts
In place,just cut it short.Afterwards your automatic lever thingy will possibly not wrk anymore like it should be.Although i had a fiddle with the cable inside though :).If this is what you asked above though.

·
Screaming Devil!
2,408 Posts
Maverick,when i did my omp wheel i asked PR DE for help.He send me this.Premium Detailing gets credits for it!Hope this helps you Mav.

Omp steering wheel help

Ok First photo is my wheel with the centre cap taken off

This is a 2amp fuse, this connects to the green connector from the back of the airbag. (This came with my wheel)

This is the back of the centre cap. The cable on the right is the live for the horn, this you should just take off from the back of the stock wheel. The cable on the left, came with my wheel, it was just a wire with a connector to the back of the horn. This is the earth. You need to attach this connection to the small brown wire that you take off the stock wheel.
(This will make sense when your doing it. The brown wire runs down the right hand side of the stock wheel. )

You can see where i have attached the wire to the brown one. The brown one will attach to the plastic multi plug on the steering column (White plastic behind the wheel. )

Oh and on the white plastic bit, you will see a little plastic bit that sticks out at the bottom, its a locating lug for the OEM wheel, you can just cut this off with snips, its easier.

This black clip you just leave alone

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom.. Can you clarify what wiring goes to which colour as the above pics ain't clear.

There is 3 connections to make.

1. The 2amp fuse gets attached to the green connector which is simple.

2. The live for the horn goes to which wire? I'm assuming the the live is the white wire on the black connector?

3. The ground goes to the brown wire on the black connector?

Cheers.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Fitting my OMP wheel soon and there is 2 connectors green an black, which one is the airbag wiring?
Sorry to dig this old thread out, but I've exactly the same question. Resistor only for the green & NONE needed for the black?
Hope Cooperke S, Premium Detailing & anyone who've done this w/o hitches to clarify. I won't wanna risk triggering that airbag light.
Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry to dig this old thread out, but I've exactly the same question. Resistor only for the green & NONE needed for the black?
Hope Cooperke S, Premium Detailing & anyone who've done this w/o hitches to clarify. I won't wanna risk triggering that airbag light.
Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Am I right to assume that the black connector is the ground, hence no resistor needed there; while the green is positive?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Guys if any one can help I would really appreciate it. I fitted my OMP wheel, and fitted a 3.9 ohms resistor in to the green plug but I have the airbag light come on ?

Any ideas?

I tried to put one in the black plug after but made no difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thread resurrection!

I am about to do this modification on my R53 and would really like some clarification regarding the green and black connecters and whether or not the black one needs a resistor or not. Judging from the reply before mine, it is not as simple as just plugging in the supplied OMP fused resistor to the green and letting the black hang.

From what I can tell, you need resistors for the black as well, but as I am not an electrical engineer, I also have no idea what I'm talking about. Someone please help, I'd like to get this done very soon. :/

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I put resistors in both plugs, if I remember correctly I used 2 resistor I got off EBay and didn't use the OMP one.
I think they were 3.9 ohm but that would need to be clarified as it was quite a while ago.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes you need resisters in both green an black connectors. These are stage 1 and 2 airbag wiring.

3.9ohm resistor from marlins are about £0.40p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts