MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
I reckon the tosser is going to crash into someone as he usually does under pressure, talented bloke but isn't controlled enough in traffic.

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
I reckon the tosser is going to crash into someone as he usually does under pressure, talented bloke but isn't controlled enough in traffic.
Have to disagree...I think he's learned to control himself a lot since his first season.

·
MINI!
3,160 Posts
Personally I think Hamilton is very talented, one of the best in the field that just gets on with the job and takes risks and makes it exciting. Rather exciting then the old boring round and round racing we saw a few years ago. One of the best seasons at the moment.

Very unlikely he'll win now unless a Ferrari engine blows and two redbulls come together again!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Personally I think Hamilton is very talented, one of the best in the field that just gets on with the job and takes risks and makes it exciting. Rather exciting then the old boring round and round racing we saw a few years ago. One of the best seasons at the moment.

Very unlikely he'll win now unless a Ferrari engine blows and two redbulls come together again!
yep Hamilton embodies what the sport should be.. without him F1 would be more formulaic for sure

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
I'll be watching the 16th place man as he is one cool customer

to beat your team mate is what it's about

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Bit uncalled for ? Not that I know the guy but he seems a thoroughly decent chap... quite humble too which is rather impressive for a guy earning as much as he is and with as tough a spotlight on him as he has when so young...

Agree with sam - although he still has his moments he is alot 'safer' now from what Ive seen... good to see a brit doing well :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Im not a hamilton fan so couldnt care less if he doesnt finish !

Hope schui goes well this year, my monies on vettel :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Bit uncalled for ? Not that I know the guy but he seems a thoroughly decent chap... quite humble too which is rather impressive for a guy earning as much as he is and with as tough a spotlight on him as he has when so young...

Agree with sam - although he still has his moments he is alot 'safer' now from what Ive seen... good to see a brit doing well :thumbup:
Humble? He's a racing car driver, they are 95% complete and utter wank stains. There are a few that are genuinely nice blokes but on the whole they are not (which makes them all the better racers for it).

Here's some recent quotes;

"I have every belief in my heart that I can win many, many more world championships. But do I believe I have a car to win the world championship at the moment? I don't."
"Red Bull are not a manufacturer, they are a drinks company. It's a drinks company versus McLaren/Ferrari history."

Plus I wouldn't call humble moving out of Britain the first chance you get to avoid tax.

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Humble? He's a racing car driver, they are 95% complete and utter wank stains. There are a few that are genuinely nice blokes but on the whole they are not (which makes them all the better racers for it).

Here's some recent quotes;

1"I have every belief in my heart that I can win many, many more world championships. But do I believe I have a car to win the world championship at the moment? I don't."
2"Red Bull are not a manufacturer, they are a drinks company. It's a drinks company versus McLaren/Ferrari history."

3Plus I wouldn't call humble moving out of Britain the first chance you get to avoid tax.
1. Fair enough, just an appraisal of his car...
2. comparing the history of the teams he is right, not sure whats so bad about saying that - when i heard it i just laughed...
3. depends what paper you read but he moved to avoid shitty stories about his private life which again is fair enough in my book...

Forming an opinion on someone based on what you read in the papers isnt something i do - everyone knows the papers arent even good enough to wipe your arse with...

Each to their own though :wink:

·
Registered
918 Posts
You honestly believe that the fact he could save millions of pounds avoiding tax is not the primary reason for him moving? :p

His "drinks company" quote was just poor taste and sour grapes, it's not where you come from it's who you are and all that..

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
You honestly believe that the fact he could save millions of pounds avoiding tax is not the primary reason for him moving? :p

His "drinks company" quote was just poor taste and sour grapes, it's not where you come from it's who you are and all that..
Im not saying that isnt a factor but TBH I wouldnt care less if it was his only reason... you dont like him because he doesnt like paying tax... :huh: Do any of us ? Plus if we had the money and could afford to then we would all jump at the chance of doing something similar... ::getcoat::

It possibly was bad taste :)lol: good pun :wink:) and more than likely was sour grapes but they are a team sponsor the only other car ive seen them make is this one :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
It possibly was bad taste :)lol: good pun :wink:) and more than likely was sour grapes but they are a team sponsor the only other car ive seen them make is this one :lol:
They're not a team sponsor they are a constructor as much as Mclaren are, they design & build their own chassis and get engines from Renault whereas Mclaren get engines from Mercedes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure if this thread is still alive but what a great win on the weekend :) It would have been nice to see Vettel finish but for Lewis to have won anyway but a win is a win. Hopefully the McLarens can gain a bit of momentum now going into next season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts