MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Apologies if it sounds naff bit I'm not sure and im struggling to find the answer I need.

I'm getting coilovers, not springs, and need to know whether camber plates are necessary? Or will I be ok just fitting the coilovers as normal by replacing what's already on the car?

I may track it once or twice but it's mainly for road use!

Thanks in advance ?✌

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Yes and no, if you are lowering the car quite a bit it will throw the camber out, if you wish to correct this you will need camber plates on the front and rear control arms on the back that are adjustable.
A few people run their cars lowered without any adjustment so it's up to you how you want the car to handle.
Probably not a help :lol:

·
Registered
443 Posts
For a perfect setup then yes to camber plates and RCA's.

However, if you're not slamming it, then you can get away with not having them.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
In my opinion there's no point having coilovers without them, I ran AP coilies for a few months before getting camber plates and the difference is unbelievable!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
minimat did the addition sort your wobble in the end? What CPs did you go for?
They made the wobble mostly disappear but it's still there. Getting new shafts fitted soon! I am running the SPC top mounts, I highly recommend them, awesome handling and a comfy ride! (they arent solid)

·
Registered
211 Posts
It also depends what wheels you are running. If they have an aggressive offset then you may be able to adjust the camber so that the tyres don't rub on the arches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts