MiniTorque.com banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Finally all fitted and now have a working wiper. (First time i have ever sought to add a rear wiper to a car) need to get used to taking photos while im working. But finished product at end

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
House is all sold now ! can finally make some progress on this. MOT due in august. Need to get rid of airbag light currently on the dash. During the search for the mouse i took both seats out not realising it would set it off and not be able to reset it myself. I bought a reset tool but couldnt get it to reset. Looking at getting new tyres all round. Been a mismatch since i bought the car. Maybe some new alloys too but will see!

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Got my hands on some braided brake lines. wasnt initally looking at them but they are corroded quite badly so will be getting fitted at some point before the mot

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Spent a little bit time on car. Took the checker board off the roof with a bit of heat. Bit glue residue left over but will hopefully get that off no problem.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Mine had checks (white stickers on black) on the roof when I bought it. After 18 months I removed them using the missus' hairdryer (first time I've used a hair dryer since my mid-twenties) and then wiped off the glue residue with tar remover before a good buff and polish with my DA.

It was quite therapeutic, a bit like picking scabs.

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just placed a little order for some parts with some time off booked in the coming weeks . should keep me busy wallets been robbed ! 😬

·
Go Go Gadget Mini
1,625 Posts
just read this thread. Nice progress. I did a track day at croft in mine Friday just gone and was ace. First time in 10 years there and was great fun. Us "locals" should book there someday together.

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
just read this thread. Nice progress. I did a track day at croft in mine Friday just gone and was ace. First time in 10 years there and was great fun. Us "locals" should book there someday together.
Thanks for reading . Yeh that would be a good day. Got MOT this weekend and need a pass before moving to other mods. Airbag light is out now auto electrician came and cleared it.

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
MOT Passed second time . apparently issue with one of the bulbs caused fail but second time was the charm. all tyres need replacing and brake hoses which i already knew about. Fuel Cap seal has perished so will need to get a new one sorted. Fitted milltek yesterday and will get some pics up later today at some point.

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Old and crusty gone and milltek fitted woop !! Exhaust leak also ticked off the mot advisories ha

·
Registered
2002 R53
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ultragauge arrived so will get that installed soon and waiting on another delivery due most likely next week (y) plenty to be doing and getting on with post mot

41 - 60 of 63 Posts