MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes another track car project. I sold my 04 mini cooper s 5 years ago to get a cheaper car to run daily. If I could have kept it I would but at the time it had to go unfortunately. Regretted selling it ever since.

5 years on circumstances have changed and I wanted to get another but with the purpose of being a track car. I still have my daily and don't plan on changing that up.

Anyway I want to have a project for next year get to some track days have a bit of fun.

Car is 02 about 126k on miles only modification on the car was aftermarket exhaust which is quite loud so may have to go at some point. Only things I'm doing at moment is a service and taking apart the interior. Think the power steering pipe is leaking at the moment. Have to look into that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being in the north east somewhere local to begin with. I'd like to potentially do a track day at croft then less distance if something goes wrong !. Currently dismantling the interior and found i have either had or still have a rodent living in the car. I will try to remember to take pics and update them but im only up to taking stuff out at moment. needs a full clean like and disinfecting theres foam everywhere behind the plastics.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,714 Posts
I'm going to have to have a crack at Croft at some point. I've been there a few times now as a spectator but never on the track itself

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I had a tenant set up in my engine bay recently when I didn’t move the car for a couple of weeks, resourceful little things.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been to croft so many times to spectate and would love a chance at having a go myself. I found where it was sleeping. made a nest in the headlining . ive binned the headlining its horrible and cant be saved. ordered a new intake pipe for air box as the original is badly cracked with age and ordered a new power steering pipe from the reservoir to hopefully sort the leak. will get some pics up tomorrow of the cars current state.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did a few bits today and must get a photo or two up. Duno whether a photo of the nest would have been gross or interesting but anyway I didn’t take one ha I’ve ordered a air intake pipe , rear wiper, oil filter , window regulator and motor for drivers door and power steering pipe. I need to service it but will do all bits in one go I’m just buying stuff at random intervals ha it’s not being used and off the road so I can wait on parts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With limited service history I’m covering all normal basis however I have started taking the front apart to service the supercharger for peace of mind . Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on this ? I’m going to order a service kit soon

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
There’s a few other bits you may as well do whilst you’re in there, crank sensor o ring, dipstick o ring, thermostat and housing, top and bottom tad hoses, check the other coolant hoses too for signs of wear and replace, common for them to rub particularly if someone has been in before and not seated the clips correctly and show signs of wear. Good time to check/replace water pump too.

Also check the fan resistor in the radiator shroud, very common to have corroded and have broken connections, perfect time to replace with an OE style option whilst it’s all out. Kits available on eBay and very easy to do.

Check how much oil comes out of the charger if it’s low you may want to remove the casing for the gears to check everything looks well. Worth checking the turbine blades too whilst you’re there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How she looks at minute all interior out trying get all the crap that this mouse has caused cleaned out. Having had quite a lot of snow in recent week not done much. Fitted the intake pipe which i need to get a pic of. with it being below zero and 3 inches of snow its not the most inviting time to work on it. bought a battery charger as its died with not running it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Been a while due to selling my house and moving. Fitted short shifter and serviced the car for now hopefully upon sale through bit more work will happen. Hopefully be a bit more active over the coming months

1 - 20 of 34 Posts