MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
R53 Cooper S
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No really, actually didn't realise they were still in use. Way more common for me 8+ years ago when I last had project cars on the go, I figured Facebook had taken over entirely tbh.

Anyway... HI! I'm Al, originally from Birmingham but now tucked away in Shropshire. By way of unexpected redundancy (cheers Covid / dickhead ex-employer), I found myself needing a car back in March. Having had company cars for a long ol' time I quickly realised I could be irresponsible and buy something entirely impractical and re-live a bit of my youth in the process. Long story short, I bought a Black Eyed Purple Cooper S in pretty reasonable condition and haven't looked back. Head over heels in love with the stupid thing and can't see myself ever letting it go.

So there we are, that's me and my stupid Mini :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome from me too, sorry to hear about the job, sadly a lot of that going on right now.
Loving the new car and the colour combo.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Welcome Al, lovely colour but I’m biased and have to say it’s the second best colour haha

Glad you’re enjoying it, do you have any plans to make it even more impractical? If you do then get a project thread up.

If you don’t then you soon will do once you’ve had a browse through the forum!

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I'm sure we can help you make it really stupid 😂 or even totally ridiculous ;O)

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
558 Posts
Enjoy chap! Looks a nice one and have to say the R53 is one of the few cars ive owned thats really gotten under my skin......I normally tire very quickly of cars but this thing I could have well kept forever. Ultimately (even mildly tuned as is the case with mine) not that fast really, but the way they drive (particularly steering feel and cornering) and the relative sense of occasion they offer nothing much in my mind comes close to matching particularly for what a good one costs right now.

Ive become a victim of CoVid redundancy too but sadly Im selling rather than buying.....be sad when it does finally go for sure!

·
Registered
2017 F56 Mini Cooper S Works 210
15 Posts
No really, actually didn't realise they were still in use. Way more common for me 8+ years ago when I last had project cars on the go, I figured Facebook had taken over entirely tbh.

Anyway... HI! I'm Al, originally from Birmingham but now tucked away in Shropshire. By way of unexpected redundancy (cheers Covid / dickhead ex-employer), I found myself needing a car back in March. Having had company cars for a long ol' time I quickly realised I could be irresponsible and buy something entirely impractical and re-live a bit of my youth in the process. Long story short, I bought a Black Eyed Purple Cooper S in pretty reasonable condition and haven't looked back. Head over heels in love with the stupid thing and can't see myself ever letting it go.

So there we are, that's me and my stupid Mini :)

View attachment 101321
Looks great mate. Welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts