MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
De-catted my R56 MCS on Thursday night, used a sensor boss (long length) to leave the sensor out of the cat abit as I've read from other peoples experience but my EML came on after 75 miles!:mads: Then stayed on for another 20 odd miles. Last night it didn't come back on when I started her up and drove another 20 odd miles and the light didn't come on!! Any ideas as to why this would intermittently happen?! Or am I jumping the gun a bit and just takes a few miles to sort itself out?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that JCWT! I'm heading up to see what the error code is now, even though the EML isnt showing on the car now can the OBD still show the last previous error code when linked up?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I've had the error codes deleted off it so no light now! It was the 2nd sensor heat and emissions malfunction codes. My mate who did it reckons it will come back on again though so will need a remap or something like a Scangauge, is this true?!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well I've had the error codes deleted off it so no light now! It was the 2nd sensor heat and emissions malfunction codes. My mate who did it reckons it will come back on again though so will need a remap or something like a Scangauge, is this true?!
If you don't have the sleeve your CEL light will come on within 100miles or so and then stay on again until removed with one of these:

Car fault reader code scanner diagnostic tool OBD 2 CAN | eBay

I have one and it works a treat. Best bet is to get one of the lambda sleeves no need to map it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you don't have the sleeve your CEL light will come on within 100miles or so and then stay on again until removed with one of these:

Car fault reader code scanner diagnostic tool OBD 2 CAN | eBay

I have one and it works a treat. Best bet is to get one of the lambda sleeves no need to map it out.
I put a lambda sleeve on when I fitted the decat and the light still came on! Is it relative as to how hard you drive it? My thinking was to maybe leave the remap for now but install a Scangauge then it'll tell me what the codes are when the EML pops up, just incase they're not related to the lambda sensor...?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I put a lambda sleeve on when I fitted the decat and the light still came on! Is it relative as to how hard you drive it? My thinking was to maybe leave the remap for now but install a Scangauge then it'll tell me what the codes are when the EML pops up, just incase they're not related to the lambda sensor...?
Someone else also had an issue with the EML light coming on after fitting the sleeve, it turned out the EML code related to a different fault code and problem. I had the de-cat without the lambda sleeve and it took the ECU at least 80-100miles for the light to come on. You may also have and underlying problem, it will be worth checking the code again.

My drivings mixed, hard sometimes then on shorter runs i.e to work i take it easy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers for that Cat, the codes are P0136 and P0140 - both the 2nd Lambda sensor emissions and heat malfunction. I think I'll just use a Scangauge for now to make sure when the EML comes on its not any different code! And save for a remap :)

·
#HypocriticalCoiloverCunt
3,304 Posts
No its not difficult, remove turbo heatshield, remove bolts at the top, put it up in the air, remove lower heatshield, remove bolts connecting cat to exhaust. Reverse and repeat. although I took off my lower heatshield as the decat isn't as bulky as the cat. Use a scangauge to rid the EML.

·
Learning!
5,805 Posts
No its not difficult, remove turbo heatshield, remove bolts at the top, put it up in the air, remove lower heatshield, remove bolts connecting cat to exhaust. Reverse and repeat. although I took off my lower heatshield as the decat isn't as bulky as the cat. Use a scangauge to rid the EML.
^^^ And be VERY careful with the mani nuts/studs, they are made of Philadelphia……………………….. light

1 - 20 of 20 Posts