MiniTorque.com banner
9K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  westy 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got round to getting a project thread for my car, here's the starting spec:

Stock Sept 2003 Cooper S 37,800 miles.

- Black II with white roof, mirror caps, bonnet stripes and white S-Spokes.
- Runflats :thumbdown:
- Front Spots
- Body coloured front grille slats + Boot handle
- Factory fitted wheel-gap :tongue_smilie:

Interior:

- Half Leather
- Climate
- Xenons
- HK Stereo
- MFSW
- Cruise Control

Here's a picture of said 'stockness' prior to cleaning.

First two modifications I chose to add were the upper OMP brace and removal of bonnet stripes, after managing to actually tighten the brace enough to close the bloody bonnet I was able to take this picture today.

Future plans for the car:

- (Done) Alloys + Tyres v. soon - OZ Ultraleggera's with Sessanta Ultra tyres
- (Done) Meister Rs Coilovers -
- (Done)Removal of 'yolk' side light bulbs
- (Done) De-Chromed rear lights
- (Done) LED Side lights
- Black mirror caps
- (Done)Black Beltline
- (Done)Removal of front spots
- (Done) Upper OMP Brace
- (Done)Lower OMP brace
- (Done) Full Titanium Cat-Back

Then later next year with 1320:

- Health Check (Done)
- GP intercooler (Done)
- Reduced pulley 17% (Done)
- Dave, F (Done)
- Polybushed engine mounts
- wishbone bushes (Done)
- (Done) Drilled/Grooved Disks + Yellow Stuff Pads + ATE SuperBlue

I'm hoping to eventually see 230ish bhp, this list is pretty conservative on what I would do if I had the money :tongue_smilie: I think this is a good point to aim for though.

I welcome your criticism, compliments and piss-taking regarding wheelgap and runflats haha

Cheers,

Dave

See less See more
#8 ·
As I said dave, with a decent engine......I think mine was punished when it left the factory and deducted 30 bhp for bad behaviour ha ha! Having said that, I haven't actually had it on the Dyno since the work, but driving with similarly modded cars I believe it is down on power. Just means I have to brake later and carry my speed - No Officer, I wasn't driving dangerously....!

#15 ·
Solid plans there mate! Don't hurry, try to enjoy every step ;)

It will be quite a change from the polo in every way anyways...

#16 ·
Bought XRi3dave's OZ Ultraleggeras on monday, weather permitting I should be receiving them in the not too distant future :drool:

I'm thinking I might have to wait a few months before purchasing coilovers as I want some adjustable damping ones and need to save £££. Forgive me now for running these wheels with wheel gap ::getcoat::

#17 ·
Have you sold the S Spokes yet? You should test-fit the Ultras and see how they look...from what I hear, there's snow at home so you don't want to go ruining them with all the grit etc over winter and it might be a benefit to keep the S Spokes for now!

#21 ·
Little update, got myself some LED side-light towers, they were direct 501 replacements with 6 x 0.5W white LEDs, having fitted them they match the front white of the Xenons quite well and for like £11 these really tidy up the front end in the dark, you wouldn't think its a 7 year old car if you saw it in your rear-view :laugh:

I havent had time to take pictures but Bigshow did the same to his and there are already pics of the results, now I need the chrome indicator replacements or LED orange versions! :drool:

ATM i'm holding back on fitting the OZs due to snow/salt and the shame of running such nice wheels with wheel-gap :p

- Next on the list KW V1s? Anyone selling theirs? :tongue_smilie:

#23 · (Edited)
#22 ·
Nice project mate & decent plans too.... will be interesting to see it coming along over the next couple of months or so :)
As it's been said keep the OZ's til the worst of the winter & crappy road salt has gone.

If you're interested in a 17% Alta V2 pulley or JCW 380 injectors any time soon then I've got some for sale ;)

#25 ·
Little update - Ive now done a deal on a JCW rear wing, its the carbon one with silver end caps, I have seen these end caps painted and the plan is to get them done in white to match the roof. I haven't fitted the spoiler yet what with the snow but pretty excited for the results :cools:

As per my wanted thread I'm still after some decent coilovers + colour coded side skirts.

This will also mean I'll likely have a white S spoiler for sale in the future if anyone is interested. :thumbup:

#26 ·
Okay so since my last post in December I have purchased the usual stubby aerial and clear indicator bulbs, I have also got a set of Meister R Europa Coilovers that are waiting fitting. Took some pics with a friend the other day and we photoshopped a realistic drop once the coils are fitted. Enjoy!

#28 · (Edited)
Time for an update I think,

Okay so since I last updated this I have added De-chromed rear lights, blacked out the belt line, removed spot lights and fitted pressed metal plates.

I took a trip up to BMW to investigate getting a new coolant tank and they came back with a list of stuff that needed doing... Luckily I have Mini Cherished Warranty until June :D

-New Sump Gasket
-New Rocker Cover Gasket
-New Coolant Tank + Cap
-N/F/S Track Rod
-Wishbone Bushes

I left the bushes and track rod and collected the car with a new lease of life on the engine, having booked myself into 1320 this Thursday I will now have the following done:-

-MeisterR's fitting
-Brakes -> Nitrac 12 grooved fronts 8 Grooved rear disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads + ATE superblue fluid
- Fletcher Cat-Back
- NFS Track Rod
- Powerflex Wishbone Bushes
- Lower OMP brace

Should tide me over for a while on the handling front :)

I plan to then get my JCW wing painted roof colour before fitting, pretty happy with how its all turning out so far,

Next Up, Powerrr + Noise!!

-Fletcher Cat Back for definite
- Dave.F
- KMT 15%
- GP Intercooler
-NGK Plugs

Cant Wait!

#32 · (Edited)
Okay so a few pictures of the progress so far:

After my visit to 1320 the car as it stands has:-

(Visuals)
De-Spotlight
De-Chrome Beltline
Stubby Aerial
De-Chromed rear lights
Dubmeister Metal Plates
LED sidelights
Chrome indicators

(Performance)

Meister R coilovers
Powerflex Bushes
Nitrac 12 Grooved front disks
Nitrac 8 Grooved rear disks
EBC yellow stuff pads
ATE superblue fluid
GP Intercooler
17% Pulley
NGK plugs
Dave.f
OMP Upper + Lower
Ultrac Vredestein tyres
OZ Ultraleggeras
Full Titanium Cat Back

The car recently had a new coolant tank, sump gasket and rocker cover gasket + NFS track rod.

Next up i'm waiting for the fitting of the JCW carbon rear wing colour coded to roof colour. :drool:

#34 ·
Nah I didnt have time, the engine has just gone over 40k on the clock, the bmw technician told me after driving it that 'occasionally I should drive it harder to help the engine loosen up a bit' I was like, if you only knew!

It feels pretty strong so I would hope for the better of S engine figures on dyno.

#36 ·
Ive got the JCW carbon wing to go on, had it since Jan but knew it'd look shite without a drop first, wanna get it colour coded too first so just getting round to getting it all painted.

Then June-ish I want a GP intercooler and 15-17% so thats the plan from here on in!

Long term, it'll be injectors, cam and tune I think I want like 230~bhp really!

#38 ·
what sort of power will a decat janspeed manifold give? ino that people say they don't get much power, or even non at all but the decat must give some surely?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.