MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
'53 Cooper S
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got round to getting a project thread for my car, here's the starting spec:

Stock Sept 2003 Cooper S 37,800 miles.

- Black II with white roof, mirror caps, bonnet stripes and white S-Spokes.
- Runflats :thumbdown:
- Front Spots
- Body coloured front grille slats + Boot handle
- Factory fitted wheel-gap :tongue_smilie:

Interior:

- Half Leather
- Climate
- Xenons
- HK Stereo
- MFSW
- Cruise Control

Here's a picture of said 'stockness' prior to cleaning.

First two modifications I chose to add were the upper OMP brace and removal of bonnet stripes, after managing to actually tighten the brace enough to close the bloody bonnet I was able to take this picture today.

Future plans for the car:

- (Done) Alloys + Tyres v. soon - OZ Ultraleggera's with Sessanta Ultra tyres
- (Done) Meister Rs Coilovers -
- (Done)Removal of 'yolk' side light bulbs
- (Done) De-Chromed rear lights
- (Done) LED Side lights
- Black mirror caps
- (Done)Black Beltline
- (Done)Removal of front spots
- (Done) Upper OMP Brace
- (Done)Lower OMP brace
- (Done) Full Titanium Cat-Back

Then later next year with 1320:

- Health Check (Done)
- GP intercooler (Done)
- Reduced pulley 17% (Done)
- Dave, F (Done)
- Polybushed engine mounts
- wishbone bushes (Done)
- (Done) Drilled/Grooved Disks + Yellow Stuff Pads + ATE SuperBlue

I'm hoping to eventually see 230ish bhp, this list is pretty conservative on what I would do if I had the money :tongue_smilie: I think this is a good point to aim for though.

I welcome your criticism, compliments and piss-taking regarding wheelgap and runflats haha

Cheers,

Dave

·
'53 Cooper S
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a good plan to me! Not sure 230 is achievable without cam/injectors/Mynes but it all depends on the engine - I know my isn't @ 230 with the above :lol:
Yeah good point, I think I'd prob end up getting a Newman, Mynes Tune, and 550cc's too, then rape my bank account for a janspeed mani and some kinda cat-back. Oh the joys of modding!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
As I said dave, with a decent engine......I think mine was punished when it left the factory and deducted 30 bhp for bad behaviour ha ha! Having said that, I haven't actually had it on the Dyno since the work, but driving with similarly modded cars I believe it is down on power. Just means I have to brake later and carry my speed - No Officer, I wasn't driving dangerously....!

·
'53 Cooper S
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sound like solid plans :)

I would be itching to do the pulley straight away though :lol:
I'm just getting used to the power hike from my first car, the rocket that is a 1.2 Polo 9N haha

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Smart mate I love black with White roof, get the pulley asap makes a massive difference but start with some good handerling mods

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Looks sweet mate. Black with the white roof is rear and look sick on Bronze hoops :cools:

Look forward to it progressing for sure

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
I'm just getting used to the power hike from my first car, the rocket that is a 1.2 Polo 9N haha
:lol: I know what you mean dude, sensible choice too, I was actually scared for the first week going from my previous car... a pic of the beast just before trade in below :blush: Although within 2 months I had started modding with a JCW GP Intercooler... my fate was sealed... :lol:

·
'53 Cooper S
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:lol: I know what you mean dude, sensible choice too, I was actually scared for the first week going from my previous car... a pic of the beast just before trade in below :blush: Although within 2 months I had started modding with a JCW GP Intercooler... my fate was sealed... :lol:

LOL you had a stealth look going on there with the lack of front hub caps :p

I'm alright driving it now, getting more used to the power, will hopefully get shot of the runflats next week, I feel more scared driving over bumpy roads at speed on them than I did driving the polo on the same road haha

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Always good to see a new project thread. Plans sound mint!

·
Simple User
411 Posts
Solid plans there mate! Don't hurry, try to enjoy every step ;)

It will be quite a change from the polo in every way anyways...

·
'53 Cooper S
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bought XRi3dave's OZ Ultraleggeras on monday, weather permitting I should be receiving them in the not too distant future :drool:

I'm thinking I might have to wait a few months before purchasing coilovers as I want some adjustable damping ones and need to save £££. Forgive me now for running these wheels with wheel gap ::getcoat::

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Have you sold the S Spokes yet? You should test-fit the Ultras and see how they look...from what I hear, there's snow at home so you don't want to go ruining them with all the grit etc over winter and it might be a benefit to keep the S Spokes for now!

·
'53 Cooper S
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you sold the S Spokes yet? You should test-fit the Ultras and see how they look...from what I hear, there's snow at home so you don't want to go ruining them with all the grit etc over winter and it might be a benefit to keep the S Spokes for now!
This is true, I haven't sold them yet but am talking to someone who wants them, if I don't get what I'm asking for them though I may as well just keep them for this winter as you say.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Yes. Good choice of wheels.

Plenty of snow Sam, but roads are clear. Fuck loads of grit though.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts