MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
#HypocriticalCoiloverCunt
3,304 Posts
I know this I an old thread but just wondering if anyone tell me how they calmed down the leds on the clock and dash screens.. I've changed mine to blue but if I put the orange plastic in, it seems to be too dull for day light
Hi mate, the way I did it was cut some white paper to the same shape as the orange and put that in its place. you may need to use two or three overlapped otherwise the led's can be seen through the paper... works a lot better than using the orange plastic thing :)

see my above pictures for my before and after...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
help needed.
I read with great interest that the thread opener converted the leds/instrument illumination.

I have the problem, that I need to change the speedo face plate / dail from an mph one to a kmh one (as I want to purchase a RHD R56 and want to register it in germany) but it is tricky removing the speedo indicator. I am a bit afraid of it
is there an instruction how to remove the speedo indicator?

cheers

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If you mean the actual needle, then it is just a push fit, but beware if you don't pull it straight off you will bend the spindle & it will be useless.

·
#HypocriticalCoiloverCunt
3,304 Posts
100% certain.
Seconded.

It pulls off... just prise the top cap off first. Then the needle will come off. It is on their tightly... but it'll come off.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have pics/video of taking the seat heater switch apart & putting it back together? I've gotten virtually every other LED replaced in the entire car except those & the courtesy lights in the interior door handles. Any help is much appreciated.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts