MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Silly question but I don't think its been covered here... I assume on the clock the Orange plastic screen cover diffuses the led so if I'm changing to say white do I:-
A) leave it in
B) remove it completely
C) remove and replace with something clear/white frosted?

Thanks for the great day by the way!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I scrapped the orange off
I found that with some nail polish remover the orange came of easy on the LED display bits, but didn't work on the bits behind the heater controls. I'll have to try and scrap it off or sort something else out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I used a razor blade and slowly scraped the orange off.

I'm at work at the minute but if you look at my Instagram I'm sure theirs some pictures of it on there @s29_myk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Right my next step after changing the lights behind the speedo and rev counter is the manual heater control. I picked up a stare unit so I can work out how to tackle this. I opened it up to find the below;

Does anybody have any idea how I can remove the orange from behind the controls? And as for the other bits I'm guessing I need something with a 3D printer to make some new clear pieces? I know these are tiny details but it's really bugging me that these don't match the rest :mellow:

·
Registered
276 Posts
You need to remove the orange paint. That's what gives it its colour.

It's a massive. Massive. Massive. Massive. Massive. Paint in the arse.

It's doable as I had mine done. But i went through three units lol

·
Registered
525 Posts
You need to remove the orange paint. That's what gives it its colour.

It's a massive. Massive. Massive. Massive. Massive. Paint in the arse.

It's doable as I had mine done. But i went through three units lol
Yeah I figured that's what I needed to do, but the question is, how did you do it?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dremel, sand paper, and a lot of patience.

Dont use paint stripper as the front is painted and damages it. I tried all sorts. But a Dremel and sand paper and time is the only way.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Dremel, sand paper, and a lot of patience.

Dont use paint stripper as the front is painted and damages it. I tried all sorts. But a Dremel and sand paper and time is the only way.
I have already tried paint stripper and yes it does damage the front. I can get hold of plenty of spares if needed anyway but thanks for the tip. When I have some spare time I will whip out the dremel.

·
#HypocriticalCoiloverCunt
3,304 Posts
Bought a roof clock, to attempt this... and for any of those people interested... I am NOT a patient person... I am a complete spastic when it comes to doing anything remotely technical... so I will post my fail attempt on here when the led's and clock arrives...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Busy doing mine now, but why is everything behind the dash covered in some sort of silicone grease? Mini's attempt to stop the rattles?

·
#HypocriticalCoiloverCunt
3,304 Posts
How did you get the needles to be purple? Did you replace the orange ones or just fire purple LEDs down them? :confused1:

Can't wait to do this to mine :lol:

Rhys,
you can easily scrape the orange off of the oem ones with a Stanley blade... then colour it in... I used a Sharpie pen because fuck the police.

·
R53 in 2019
1 Posts
I know this I an old thread but just wondering if anyone tell me how they calmed down the leds on the clock and dash screens.. I've changed mine to blue but if I put the orange plastic in, it seems to be too dull for day light

41 - 60 of 68 Posts