MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First of all I'm looking to purchase some Corbeau Clubsport seats for my R50. Has anybody fitted these? if so were they easy to fit? and do the base of the seats need drilling or welding? I dont mind if they do but I would rather speak to someone about it before I purchase.

Secondly - I'm going to have to purchase some harness's, i've looked at buying some LUKE ones? could anybody advise what fitting is like?

Last of all Im looking at purchasing the OMP Suede wheel to match the outfit.

After fitting all these I still want no Airbag lights on my dash or any other issues? Are there any resistors etc or other tricks that will help me keep these of my dash.

Let me know if i need to purchase anything else as I haven't fitted steering wheels and harnesses before so any advice would be welcomed!

Also if anyone has the corbeau club sports fitted and has any photos that would be a massive help as I don't want them to look too big.

Thanks in advance
Charl

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the advise on the resistors, wasn't aware it was that easy! will have a read through that thread :D

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Fitted some club sports in to my friends r53 last Saturday. I did it a bit different to the above thread as he didn't buy the suggested OMP mounts that people have used. To get the seat sitting central in the car and so the shoulder / wing of the seat cleared and didn't rub on the door card I flipped on of the side mounts around and positioned the runners centrally in the mounts. I then welded an extra tab on to the back of the runners with a hole drilled in to make them slightly longer so I could use the existing mounting points.
He is also still running the origonal seat belts so I removed the buckle part with the pre tensioner And bolted these to the side mount and plugged back in.
Fiddly and had to go in and out of the car a few times to get them just right (I'm a fussy git) but not hard as long as you give yourself plenty of time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't suppose you could supply a couple of pics of your install. I've bought the seats and I've got the OMP base plates on order but it's always good to see alternative ideas.

Dean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts