MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So I didn't want to spend too much on this, but....I need new tyres so might as well get new wheels right? New wheels won't look good with a big arch gap so that means coilovers.

Now it's time to decide what wheels to go for, what tyres to go for and what coilovers to go for.

Good job I can hide all these bits at work so the missus doesn't know!

I like the Autec Wizard wheels, they are pretty open though so then that would mean I'd have to do a big brake conversion

Also the Rota Blitz are on the list.

I was going to fit the Whiteline ARB last weekend but looking at the bolts back there I reckon I would have had some issues...think I may pop it into a gargae and let them sort that out

So along with the small body jobs I've got to do the list is now

Wheels
Tyres
Coilovers

·
Administrator
5,546 Posts
It's a slippery slope but welcome to the club :lol:

Coilovers depends on what you want out of them - lows & decent comfort for a daily = APs, KW V1s or KW ST; decent fast road handling and some track work = Meisters, BCs; full balls out = Cobra, AST etc

Tyres again depends on what you want from them - longevity, handling, wet weather performance etc

So many wheel options it's ridiculous! Do you want track look, stance, cheap etc

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It's a slippery slope but welcome to the club :lol:

Coilovers depends on what you want out of them - lows & decent comfort for a daily = APs, KW V1s or KW ST; decent fast road handling and some track work = Meisters, BCs; full balls out = Cobra, AST etc

Tyres again depends on what you want from them - longevity, handling, wet weather performance etc

So many wheel options it's ridiculous! Do you want track look, stance, cheap etc
It certainly is...I said after my first stupidly modified fiesta as a young lad that I'd never do it again :lol:

With regards to suspension...I'll be looking for low, comfortable and good fast road handling if it exists

Tyres is just a minefield...you can read reviews about them all day and some will rate them 10/10 other wills rate them 3/10 so a bit confusing!

Wheels wise I'll just be looking for something that looks decent but has a good weight saving over standard

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Regarding the coilovers, I think that for what you're looking for, the AP's would suit your needs. As for tyres, if money is of no concern, then I'd go with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yeah, been reading and researching and I think the AP's will be sufficient. I wish money was no concern, but it is a slight one haha!

That pic looks good...think I'm going to go with the Wizards - Looking for aero skirts and front bumper - the roof and spoiler is going black too and have black/dark silver inserts for the rear bumper on the way

Going with the wizards means budgeting about another £1200 for the big brake kit though :lol:::getcoat::

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Right then, so for daily and occasional fast road use what size tyres would people reccommend? Roads aren't the best round here so presume that rules the 40 profile out? 215's are quit a bit cheaper than 205's as well
205/50/17
215/50/17
205/45/17
215/45/17
205/40/17
215/40/17

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Added the graphics to the rear bumper, think it looks better but not 100% yet. Not the best pic of them here. Just small things recently, got some silver indicator bulbs for the front so they don't look like fried eggs. Cravenspeed dip stick.
Still deciding what to do with wheels. Think may wait till spring and just run winters for time being

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

Couplf of pictures from tonight, coilovers coming this week. Will fit them along with the rear ARB

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Just received coilovers today. KW v1's

Going to give them a refresh before fitting them.
Going to order to hardrace rca's today along with some adjustable front top mounts.
Are the silver project ones OK or are others recommended? Prices vary quite a bit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
There's the kW ones £480, eibach ones which are £374, compbrake (never heard of them before) £170, GAZ ones for £180 so prices vary massively. The GAZ ones looks decent and happy to pay that for some. Will do a bit more research.

I need to slow down now I've ran out of money gonna get these all fitted and set up then will probably be a while before anything else. Got some hairpins to go on over winter though and then new wheels next year.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Scratch that the GAZ ones say they're probably too harsh/noisy for road use

41 - 60 of 265 Posts