MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Bought the ebay ones after seeing them on Henry's and they look decent. Got a busy weekend...hopefully fitting the OMP lower brace, Whiteline 20mm rear ARB, rear lights and Canton expansion tank!

Currently it's fitted with a cheapo ebay strut brace...think I might go for the GTT one.

Fitted new blue silicone intake pipe last night, the dave.f airbox I got came with a red samco one that the ends had been hacked at for some reason?? Probably give that away if anyone wants it. Still fits just looks rough!

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,485 Posts
Once you've sorted the lights, I think you should focus on sourcing some lightweight rims and some upgraded brakes. Those rims are 11.4kg each....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah they are both on the list. Just trying to decide on which rims to go for. Didn't realise those ones were quite that heavy though!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Aye happy with them they look better in person than on the pics on eBay etc. Yeah coolant expansion tank replaces the weak plastic one

·
Registered
180 Posts
They look loads better matey. I am currently watching them on eBay so I'm glad they look so good against the electric blue

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah, million times better! Seem to be really good quality too. Happy with them for sure!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Dead easy, there's one 10mm nut on the back and two sort of spring clips. Undo the nut (it's on a stupidly long bolt for some reason) give it a push and then reach in and push the two spring clips in whilst pushing out. New ones go in easy, just take a bit of lining up then tighten bolt. There's a resistor that you need to stick onto the bodywork inside behind the light. Theres a how to video but it is pretty simply

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dead easy, there's one 10mm nut on the back and two sort of spring clips. Undo the nut (it's on a stupidly long bolt for some reason) give it a push and then reach in and push the two spring clips in whilst pushing out. New ones go in easy, just take a bit of lining up then tighten bolt. There's a resistor that you need to stick onto the bodywork inside behind the light. Theres a how to video but it is pretty simply

Sounds good. Cheers lad

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeah they look good when lit but my phone doesn't really take a good picture of them. Gonna get some proper pics with my camera soon. Cheers

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Got a few more things to do soon, black mirror caps, door handles, filler cap. Looking to get the roof done black soon too, just with a wrap.

Got some of the aero bumper stickers on the way.

Fitted the Canton header tank. Was pretty easy to fit and looks good. It get's really hot though! Coolant temps seem pretty similar when the standard tank was fitted but it looked pretty old and brittle so thought it was worth changing.

Still got a hissing noise on partial throttle, think it's just the BPV but it's annoying me and not sure it should be as loud as it is?

Will investigate that too

21 - 40 of 265 Posts