MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Ok I have bought a 2006 cooper with missing keys, but i have a damaged 55 plate 'one' with a pair of keys and all the relevant ecu gubbins.
I can transfer over the door lock steering column and various ecu's to get the cooper alive but then its running the 'one' engine ecu and effectively no longer a cooper.
Could i transfer the engine ecu map from the cooper ecu into the 'one' ecu?
If so, whats the best cheapo software to use to read and write the ecu map?

john

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
I'd use either an Autologic map rather than a Bluefin on anything, or Nick who I believe will be able to do it if you can use an mpps lead or similar to read your files for him.

·
Premium Member
9,949 Posts
I'd totally forgotten about autologic. I'm not sure if theres much more to be had from the cooper but if theres any potential in there then I'm sure Nick will be able to find it

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
the One is 90hp, the Cooper 120 iirc, and the logic generic map 'claims' 125, but gave full throttle, I'm sure if the op can get the files read whilst running the donor ecu Nick could do a better job (having now since seen inside the logic map after I did it again but on my S).

Really OP just needs to get the keys ordered and use the car? Too much dicking about amounting to similar costs maybe, plus further issues having a mismatched vin on car/ecu later?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts