MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
The time has come to order so coilovers for my mini, I have a budget of £900, I have already purchased spacers and have new front top mounts(stock) sitting in the hut if needed.

my heads saying going for BC’s from orranje as they come with adjustable top mounts and are adjustable. I also spotted they have bilstein B14’s:unsure:
I will never track the car but would like a well set up road car as there are some fantastic roads round my way.

I’m also open to other suggestions and just thought I would ask before pulling the trigger.

cheers in advance(y)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have the BCs & they are an excellent compromise being good on road & acceptable on track.

Other opinions will be along shortly. ;)

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
I swapped my B14s for Tein street advance (both 2nd hand) of the 2 the bilsteins were rock hard and got very jarring very quickly

the teins are a much better ride and have adjustable dampness too, obviously if you have a £900 budget then don’t go for the teins either but I’d seriously think if something other than the bilsteins if you want day to day comfort on normal roads

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E-R53-Did you keep the supplied rear top mounts on or go with oem? I’ve heard they can knock

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I swapped my B14s for Tein street advance (both 2nd hand) of the 2 the bilsteins were rock hard and got very jarring very quickly

the teins are a much better ride and have adjustable dampness too, obviously if you have a £900 budget then don’t go for the teins either but I’d seriously think if something other than the bilsteins if you want day to day comfort on normal roads
Cheers for info mate

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about HSD monopro’s ? Just spotted them for around £800 depending on what spring rates

·
Bugger
25,399 Posts
So either of these are a safe bet?
Aye both are good, BC you’re after a track set up 7/6kg springs. Meister are the best road option with 5/5kg springs, but do also stand up to track use

Cheers for the recommendation (y) Where’s the best place to get them from?
Meister sell directly, BC from Orranjie

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aye both are good, BC you’re after a track set up 7/6kg springs. Meister are the best road option with 5/5kg springs, but do also stand up to track use

Meister sell directly, BC from Orranjie
Cheers for info (y) Won’t be going anywhere near a track, I had seen the different spring rates between the two brands and from what you say looks like I would be better off with the Meisters.

·
Registered
99 Posts
For a £100 more I see Orranje are selling the ST XTA on offer at the moment and they seem pretty good on paper as they're made by KW?

Not sure on people's thoughts on these.

·
Registered
706 Posts
For a £100 more I see Orranje are selling the ST XTA on offer at the moment and they seem pretty good on paper as they're made by KW?

Not sure on people's thoughts on these.
It’s a huge wait for those at the moment I believe. I recently spoke to demon tweeks and they told me it’s 6-8 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went for BR’s(RH) (y) Should be delivered on Wednesday but unfortunately offshore till next Monday:( can’t wait to get them fitted to get rid of my arch gap:LOL:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts