MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking to invest in some coilovers for my R53, im buying AP's. What else do i actually need to buy aswell as getting the coilovers? Top mounts etc?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Top mounts aren't necessary, but if you want neg camber they are. Adjustable lower control arms at the rear will be a good compliment too if you want a good setup.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
yes top mounts are necessary, only because negative front camber is if you want the car to handle at all well,

if yours is a facelift you can get a bit over -2 at the rear anyway, so depending on where you're using it you would use that or less.

you need a minimum of -1.5 and a max of -2.5 ideally, some have more but it's not necessary imo.

·
Registered
R56 S
6 Posts
Hi all, looking to invest in some coilovers for my R53, im buying AP's. What else do i actually need to buy aswell as getting the coilovers? Top mounts etc?
I stuck some racelands on mine, no compalints here. The budget didnt allow for crazy money. I have used other brands four times the price of raceland and I have to say. Lifetime warranty and price are bangin. Racelandeurope.com the guys were helpful etc.

·
Registered
R56 S
6 Posts
Sadly this is not myself. Good coincidence. I also seen another name the same local to me jailed for car theft. I suppose that was me too?

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
It's a cracking coincidence. Particularly as you signed up 21mins ago and have since posted only twice, coincidentally both times on threads relating to coilovers and both times preaching about the virtues of Raceland Coilovers with a link to the website. I think you've been caught out buddy.

·
Registered
R56 S
6 Posts
It's a cracking coincidence. Particularly as you signed up 21mins ago and have since posted only twice, coincidentally both times on threads relating to coilovers and both times preaching about the virtues of Raceland Coilovers with a link to the website. I think you've been caught out buddy.

View attachment 98894
Yeah, Just offering my 2 pence as not many of us choose to spend silly money on a suspension set up. I just have been reading the forum for a while and never became a member. Anyway, looking forward to seeing who can help / be helped from my basic mini knowledge. Apology accepted fellow mini-torque member.

After such a welcome.

Maybe best head back to mini2 forum.

·
346 Posts
Maybe best head back to mini2 forum.
Other forums/groups are available. Mostly now on FB, perhaps unfortunately, but such is the way of the internet world.
Seems the traditional forums are losing traction.
As an example, have a look at this one. Plenty of folk on there will also opinionate on Racelands - despite never having tried them.

·
Bugger
25,241 Posts
Lol race land... Couldn't pay me to put them on my car. AP are the utter minimum in useable coilovers for a MINI. Even then I would fork out the extra for ST's base model. Orranjie sell a few decent options for those on a budget.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts