MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I know this topic been covered many times but looking back it seem there hasn't been anything that recent! I was just wondering best clutch too go for to get the closest OEM feel! Been looking at ttv or clutch master fx400! I'm just torn and can't decide what to go for! My mini is stage 2 manic map pushing 265bhp with 380nm!
Any advice be much appreciated,

Thanks guys 馃槉

Premium Member
Hi mate, I've got a TTV on mine and I can barely notice the difference to stock myself... maybe a little more "on/off" if I haven't driven it for a while and am coming in from the family auto car.
I've done about 4 trackdays when the car was stage 1 230bhp and then 2 or 3 on stage 2 though yet to have it on a Dyno.

I'd recommend it though think it's a little pricey if I remember correctly?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you're reply buddy! Good too know, is there any kind of chatter from it? And I believe it around 拢1200 which I don't mind paying at all! Just need something that will certainly last

Premium Member
Yup that's what I paid for the clutch and flywheel and I certainly didn't notice much/any chatter noise at all myself. There's quite a few recommendations on here for it if i remember correctly for when I was looking.
At the time I shared with the wife as a daily so really wanted an oem feel and she didn't notice any difference either. More track oriented now but it's holding up nicely so really happy with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, think im going more the ttv, thanks for the advice pal 馃榿

Registered
Not sure on the FX400, but the TTV is good for 475nm and is, as already stated very similar to stock. I will say though that the single mass flywheel is noticeable at pulling out of junctions etc because it doesn't quite have the mass to keep the revs up so it bogs more easily. But it's a solid bit of kit and no issues so far.

Worth the money I think.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the response back and that's very handy too know! Looks like I am going to be getting the TTV as everyone I'm speaking too is giving me some good feedback! Be nice too finally get that power down 馃檲

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Did you have to get the os giken imported? Have heard a few good things about their clutch kit! Just can't seem too find a price or someone in the to that stocks them :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, I have a look I've got a few days until I'll order some kind of clutch but I think I'm swaying more towards the ttv! Thanks a lot for the reply buddy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts